The "Cherry Caster" has arrived....New sound byte..

GanthetB said:
DangerousR6 said:
Finally it's done, so to speak. Got a little bit of a hitch, there's an issue somewhere. It's like the first fret isn't the first fret, it's like fret #2 is the first fret..... :icon_scratch:
I've measured and remeasured, and everything seems to be in order......

Any chance you can post a few pics of it that show the full body and headstock? That's an interesting look and I kind of dig it. I'm considering slapping a Warmoth Headstock Neck on one of my Tele Bodies but wasn't sure how it would look ;)
Here's a shot of my spalted tele with the neck that's on the Cherry tele
2764408478_d4ab0f0d4f.jpg

Here's one of the Cherry tele, but the top of the headstock got cut off in the pic..Same neck..
2690685812_9b625f633b.jpg

Sounds great, Doug.  Nice chunky low end.  What rig are you playing through?  Sounds like a touch of flange on the rhythm, and the solo sound like Phrygian mode.    :headbang1:

DocNrock said:
Sounds great, Doug.  Nice chunky low end.  What rig are you playing through?  Sounds like a touch of flange on the rhythm, and the solo sound like Phrygian mode.    :headbang1:
Thanks Brent, that was actually done on my digital recorder. I had the input gain up to high and it fuzzed out in some spots..Ya I added the flange later when I was mixing it in a program on my computer. :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:
GoDrex said:
DocNrock said:
Sounds like a touch of flange on the rhythm

a touch? :icon_scratch:

That Gary...always the accurate cynic.   :laughing7:

Sorry for being honest. No offense to Doug, but there's no chance to hear any idea of what the guitar is like underneath all that wash. It could be the cement-o-caster for all I know.  :laughing7:

GoDrex said:
DocNrock said:
GoDrex said:
DocNrock said:
Sounds like a touch of flange on the rhythm

a touch? :icon_scratch:

That Gary...always the accurate cynic.   :laughing7:

Sorry for being honest. No offense to Doug, but there's no chance to hear any idea of what the guitar is like underneath all that wash. It could be the cement-o-caster for all I know.  :laughing7:
rofl.gif
None taken Gary. But it's no cement-o-caster, it's the Cherry caster. It does kinda wash out in some spots, but like I said I had the input gain up to high. I was playing around with the different built in settings in the digital recorder, didn't record it thru my amp. I'll do some others without all the effects...

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:
DocNrock said:
That's Gary.   :laughing7:
:doh:

No worries.  I like Gary's unabashed outlook.  That's why I called it ACCURATE cynicism.  Sorry, I'll go away now.  Truly, I meant no harm.
I'm not offended at all by criticism, I usually expect it and get motivated by it...no harm done... :icon_biggrin:

Back