The "Cherry Caster" has arrived....New sound byte..

Blue313 said:
Nothing wrong with that one except the scale.  You could sell it here and grab http://www.warmoth.com/showcase/sc_guitar_necks.cfm?itemNumber=WN633   :dontknow:
Nope nothing wrong with it at all, it's even got a satin finish on it now,,,,

I was looking at that one a bit ago.... :icon_thumright:

jimh said:
Great Stuff Doug

Lets have a look at the back.  I'm assuming you've got an appropriate Dangerous Plate on the back?

Nice one, me ole mucker.    :icon_thumright:
Here's a shot of the back for ya jim, before I put the guts in it.... :laughing11:
index.php

Well i got it figured out, looks like the neck is a 25.5 scale after all. I guess I jumped the gun on my conclusions, 2 problems I found. 1. the neck pocket wasn't cut at a 2 deg angle for the non-recessed floyd. 2. The nut needed shimming up about .015"...

Got the problem with the nut sorted out, now I need to figure out how to shim the neck.... :icon_scratch:

DangerousR6 said:
Well i got it figured out, looks like the neck is a 25.5 scale after all. I guess I jumped the gun on my conclusions, 2 problems I found. 1. the neck pocket wasn't cut at a 2 deg angle for the non-recessed floyd. 2. The nut needed shimming up about .015"...

Got the problem with the nut sorted out, now I need to figure out how to shim the neck.... :icon_scratch:

Sounds like a job for a luthier.  Since you seem like me, how's the Super 3 sound?  I'm sure you spent a lot more time with the bridge pup.

DocNrock said:
DangerousR6 said:

Sounds like a job for a luthier.  Since you seem like me, how's the Super 3 sound?  I'm sure you spent a lot more time with the bridge pup.
Probably should find a good one and let him set it up since I'm having so much trouble. But I'll get it, sometimes you just have to put something down for a while and give it a rest then come back later...

The Super 3 is awesome, very nice. I love it, very crunchy...And really sweet harmonics...pretty much effortless, much like my SD Invader cept a little brighter... :icon_thumright:

Blue313 said:
I'm glad that was all the problem was.  That's a sweet fretboard!   :glasses9:
Me too, I was kinda getting bummed out there. Cause I love it so much, but I pretty much got it worked out... :headbang1:

Thanks Brian, Marko and Fernando...
It did turn out nice, had a few minor hickups but it's working out ok..Still got a bit of tweekin' to do..

And Marko I'll get some sound clips up as soon as Iget her dialed in.... :icon_thumright:

Yeeeeeehaw, got her smmmmmmmmmmmokin' now...Sounds unfreeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeakin' believable...Plays just like butta' now..... :headbang1:

Gotta crank up the digital recorder now and throw down some licks.... :party07:

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
You better man. Throw somethin in with massive dives. And do it quickly. :hello2: :hello2: :hello2: :icon_thumright: :party07: :cool01:
I ain't EVH.... :icon_biggrin:

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
DangerousR6, that came out very nice.

Is that a TRS101 bridge?
Thanks Tony. The bridge is a Floyd Rose Speed loader, it's pretty much just like the ones on the Jackson's except it's got the speed loader saddle bolts..

That is sweet, It just looks like a guitar I would want to play everday for any style of jammin, I Bet it looks that good 30 years from now too......

Alfang said:
That is sweet, It just looks like a guitar I would want to play everday for any style of jammin, I Bet it looks that good 30 years from now too......
Thanks Alf, it is pretty versitle... :toothy11:

DangerousR6 said:
Finally it's done, so to speak. Got a little bit of a hitch, there's an issue somewhere. It's like the first fret isn't the first fret, it's like fret #2 is the first fret..... :icon_scratch:
I've measured and remeasured, and everything seems to be in order......

Any chance you can post a few pics of it that show the full body and headstock? That's an interesting look and I kind of dig it. I'm considering slapping a Warmoth Headstock Neck on one of my Tele Bodies but wasn't sure how it would look ;)

Back