Tele Thinline Special

Speaking of which....I just found a loveley store in this town here that is both a distributor for Mohawk, and has all the Deft stuff.  Going on the assumption that my next project is going to be in a similar vein to this cherryburst idea, besides the toners (I can chose colors for myself), and the naptha, what specific grain filler and clear coat would be recomended.  I guess just the grain filler, since I'm pretty sure the other answer will be  Deft.  I know it is already highly recomended.  Thank you Jack and CB for this entire thread here it is overwhelmingly helpful!

The one weird thing is that I can't get the same depth of the lighter tone on the body as the neck; I wound up getting a neck with an ebony fretboard rather than rosewood as I was trying to match the raw mahogany wood clolor as closely as possible. I keep shooting the lighter part of the body, but the red won't deepen as far as it did on the neck.

Hard to tell from the pics, but I bursted the sides of the neck with the darker toner along with the edges of the peghead; TRIED to do a little burst on the front of the peghead but that kinda fucked up, too hard to control the spray in that small an area, and if you try to spray tentatively these cans sometimes shoot little droplets out...

Checking out components; gonna look pretty much  the way I envisioned; have to find a Tele 3 way switch knob in silver, or go to black Gibson bell knobs....

tts1.jpg

Oh man! all these teles with the HB in the bridge and the P90 in the neck, its got me wanting to make one. next project for sure!! looks freakin awsome dude!

Wow! I am not a Tele guy, but this is the second or third tele on this forum in a short time that is really blowing me away! Great Job Jack! if I ever do a Tele, it will look close to this! :)

oh and CB, unfortunately Mondrian was Dutch, not French..

That actually is a P90 in the bridge; had to use a Rio Grande Fat Bastard in a HB form factor as I was buying a Showcase body, not wanting to wait a long time for a custom ordered body...

jackthehack said:
That actually is a P90 in the bridge; had to use a Rio Grande Fat Bastard in a HB form factor as I was buying a Showcase body, not wanting to wait a long time for a custom ordered body...
Well that explains its looks. P-90s rock my socks.

Too cold/wet to spray any more nitro this weekend; did final wiring and a test assembly; next pics will be in gallery in 2-3 weeks when done with final nitro coats and buff-out, real color is much redder, NOT the brownish tint in pic...

tbtt3.jpg

jackthehack said:
Checking out components; gonna look pretty much  the way I envisioned; have to find a Tele 3 way switch knob in silver, or go to black Gibson bell knobs....

guitarpartsresource.com for your 3 way knob in silver, they're in Ohio

Back