Strat Body is here

mnjordan

I ordered this guy about a month ago, and it came in already. 

Alder Strat body, finished in Black-Brown-Yellow Burst.  This body replaced the original body on my 2006 Fender Highway One Strat.  I am extremely pleased - the finish is flawless, the grain is wonderful, and the fit was perfect. 

This guitar is killer now.  Lindy Fralin Vintage Hots, and RS Guitarworks Vintage Electronics round out the package.  Im thinking of ordering Mint Green plastics parts to replace the bright white stock stuff.  Does anyone have any pics of a Strat with Mint plastics?

2434966235_5641913696.jpg

2434966247_5ccd4172f6.jpg

2434966253_b32d8e260c.jpg

:guitaristgif:

I would send it back... I mean, they built it backwards!

(I believe a post of this nature is required on any thread that has pictures of a lefty guitar :D )

Oooh, I'm dizzy! Everything is backwards!!
What a nice classy body. I like it in white.

chuck7 said:
I would send it back... I mean, they built it backwards!

(I believe a post of this nature is required on any thread that has pictures of a lefty guitar :D )

Oh Crap! they put the Tremolo springs on the front!!

yes, it seems to be a requirement ;)

Found this pic:
http://img340.imageshack.us/img340/5035/juliacher8yr.jpg

My strat is also Tobacco Burst (right handed though ;) ).  I tried the mint green myself but found that it looked just TOO green against the finish, so I ended up with going with a parchment pickguard. 

http://www.mics4less.com/photos/fender_pg_parchment.jpg
http://www.mics4less.com/photos/fender_pg_wht.jpg

So now you have an extra Body ?  This could become an endless cycle, you need to buy a neck for that body and build it up

Here is a mint guard from Callaham.  They are not as green as the Warmoth ones.  I love it on 3 Tone burst but I would stick with the parchment on the burst you have.

IMG_1397.jpg

NonsenseTele said:
What is the difference from parchment to white? :icon_scratch:

I think parchment is a white that is not so much white.

Very nice Strat by the way, great to some more lefties.

Alfang said:
So now you have an extra Body ?  This could become an endless cycle, you need to buy a neck for that body and build it up

I've actually got everything I need to build an entire second guitar, except for plastic parts, and a jack.  It's in the works, for sure. 

I dddiiiigggg the way John Frusciante's Strat looks in that pic.  I'll have to order a guard from Callaham.

Wow, thanks for all the replies everybody!

:guitaristgif:

The guitar looks a bit more like a 2 tone burst than a three tone, until you get it in a dark room, under incandescent lighting.  Then the brown around the black shows up.  Really neat, I love it!

I certainly won't even hesitate when ordering from Warmoth.

Next project - a '52 reissue Tele clone. I'm thinking the more modern radius on the Warmoth necks will be more up my alley than what Fender does on their '52 RI's.  Not to mention once I get done replacing the pickups and electronics on the Fender, I'll have spent entirely too much!

tfarny said:
Oooh, I'm dizzy! Everything is backwards!!
What a nice classy body. I like it in white.
OMG it is backwards........dude send it back an tell them to turn it around...... :eek:

Try to ignore the lame lefty jokes. One day they might come up with something original. :icon_biggrin:
The strat looks great. Nice to welcome another lefty :icon_thumright:

willyk said:
Try to ignore the lame lefty jokes. One day they might come up with something original. :icon_biggrin:

Dude lighten up it's all in good fun......The world has enough politically correct stuffed shirts... :binkybaby:

DangerousR6 said:
willyk said:

Dude lighten up it's all in good fun......The world has enough politically correct stuffed shirts... :binkybaby:

I'm cool...maybe one  :icon_biggrin: wasn't enough. :doh:

Back