2905681876_e809bdf789.jpg

2905682102_3a94fa08b5.jpg

2904838061_1819091910.jpg

Soooooooooooo nice!!!!!  :blob7:

And now almost done:
2905682708_e10601fe7b.jpg

2905682504_d4d4c80c58.jpg

Specs:
Body: Alder with Spalted Maple top (showcase)
Neck: Wenge with Macassar Ebony fingerboard an veneer (Unique Choice), SS6105 frets, fatback
Pickups: Bare Knuckle Piledriver
Bridge: Glendale Blackguard rolled steel double cut (with missused screws from neckplate  :tard: At least it can give more sustain  :laughing7:)
Electronic: 4 way switch (been done, the pots was short, had to buy others from Warmoth, shall fit...)
Nut is going to be Fossilized Mammoth Ivory

The neck came a little darker than what I was expecting, but it's ok, probably will be nice, if not, I can make a Harrison Tele with it and get another  :laughing3:
As said on specs, waiting for new pots and screws from Doug's neckplate...
2904873895_7ea391f325.jpg

Will wait more to the test with epoxy I've done dry completely, than see if it gets better with epoxy or super glue, than finish the plate... The nut I'll try to do next Tuesday...

I would like to thanks so much Mr Gregg Steward and Mr Spike! As well to everybody from the forum that give hints, ideas, feelings and cheered up for this project! You freaking rock, guys  :headbang:

Fantastic Nonsense!! I love the way the dark neck goes with the body!
oh and fantastic piece of macassar!

Dude I can not wait until you get this thing finished. This guitar-to-be has been around so long, it'd reached legend status. I love it.

The end is nigh, at last! I'm happy for you, that's some very pretty pieces of wood there :)

Sweet, it's finally all coming together!!  Looks like this one will be worth the wait.  :rock-on:

Thats some beautiful grain on that neck.  Glad to see it's finally coming together for you!  Can't wait to see it done.

what's crazy is how it looks like the grain from the headstock lines up with the grain on the fretboard... :toothy12:  how dey do dat? :laughing8:

ooops - it's a veneer :tard:...

GoDrex said:
what's crazy is how it looks like the grain from the headstock lines up with the grain on the fretboard... :toothy12:  how dey do dat? :laughing8:

Magic  :toothy12:
It matched way better than I could wish.... better than this just taking a piece from the same piece of wood, as some acoustic guitars  :glasses9:

Sorry for joining this thread late, but that is one HELL of an nice guitar you have there!

Here's to you and your geetar! :eek:ccasion14:

About time that beauty came together!  You have the patience of a saint, NT.   :kewlpics:

Are you going to put a pickup ring on the neck pup?  Personally I think they look a little awkward.

Edit: Oh, and if it's a contoured heel, be careful with those screws :eek:

Thanks again for all the kind words!  :icon_biggrin:

GoDrex said:
Hey what does the back of the neck look like?

Very nice, tomorrow I'll take pictures for you guys!

dbw said:
Are you going to put a pickup ring on the neck pup?  Personally I think they look a little awkward.
Edit: Oh, and if it's a contoured heel, be careful with those screws :eek:
I don't like the pickup ring too... It will be as it is now  :toothy10:
And it's normal heel with Doug's plate! :icon_thumright:

Damn Fernando, that is fan freeeeeeeeeeaking tastic.....Absolutely love the neck/spalt combo...You should have told me you needed neck screws dude, I got like a bagillion of them....... :dontknow:

nice man it seemed you might never get it together.....I think MUCH nonsense has been going on. :laughing7:

Brian

Back