Spalted Maple anyone............... 3rd Part

Max said:
DangerousR6 said:
NonsenseTele said:
Went on Wednesday to São Paulo to make the nut but couldn't finish it, due the fact that I had to get my new amp (pics to come, I forgot the camera on my friend's workshop) and because there is a restriction in SP of cars... each day of the week two ends of the car's plate can't be driven before 10hAM and from 17hPM to 20PM, like the end of the plate of my car is 5, on Wednesday there is that restriction to plates ended in 5 and 6... so... I had little time and couldn't make both in the time that I could drive there (perhaps I got a "fine" coming, I got out of SP at 6h PM)...
So: Monday I'm going there again to finish the nut and the guitar will be done!  :toothy10:
(will have to get the amp back, as the builder forgot to make that "hotplate" cut-of-power-thing that I've asked... I live in apartment...)
What???????? :icon_scratch:

+1?
+1

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Max said:
DangerousR6 said:
NonsenseTele said:
Went on Wednesday to São Paulo to make the nut but couldn't finish it, due the fact that I had to get my new amp (pics to come, I forgot the camera on my friend's workshop) and because there is a restriction in SP of cars... each day of the week two ends of the car's plate can't be driven before 10hAM and from 17hPM to 20PM, like the end of the plate of my car is 5, on Wednesday there is that restriction to plates ended in 5 and 6... so... I had little time and couldn't make both in the time that I could drive there (perhaps I got a "fine" coming, I got out of SP at 6h PM)...
So: Monday I'm going there again to finish the nut and the guitar will be done!  :toothy10:
(will have to get the amp back, as the builder forgot to make that "hotplate" cut-of-power-thing that I've asked... I live in apartment...)

+1?
+1

I'm thinking that one can only drive in Sao Paulo with even or odd numbered plates on certain days.  That sucks for someone like Fernando.

DocNrock said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
Max said:
DangerousR6 said:
NonsenseTele said:

+1?
+1

I'm thinking that one can only drive in Sao Paulo with even or odd numbered plates on certain days.  That sucks for someone like Fernando.
That would be messed up over here...Could only go to work on certain days....Hmmmmm, on second thawt that could be to our advantage..... :laughing11:

DocNrock said:
Yes, kind of... On monday 1 and 2 can't drive in São Paulo, tuesday 3 and 4, wednesday 5 and 6..........................................................

NonsenseTele said:
DocNrock said:
Yes, kind of... On monday 1 and 2 can't drive in São Paulo, tuesday 3 and 4, wednesday 5 and 6..........................................................

That's fucked up.

SrDeMaFp said:
NonsenseTele said:
DocNrock said:

That's fricked up.

Get used to it.  As road congestion increases it will be that way in many parts of the world.

You can't believe the traffic congestion in SP... Even with this, is INSANE...

I'm going SP again tomorrow, probably... Just going to make the deal for rent another apartment, so took my last 4 days and perhaps will take this entire week...

Sao Paolo's population was estimated at 19,616,060 people in 2008. I'm amazed the traffic moves at all!

I thought Seoul Korea and Tokyo Japan felt like big cities ... and then I visited SP on two occasions.

words failed me on how to describe the size and spectrum of prosperity (or the absolute lack of it in many parts of town) ... it gave me a whole new appreciation for all that I have (freedoms, health, living conditions, belongings, etc ...)

all the best,

R

SkuttleFunk said:
I thought Seoul Korea and Tokyo Japan felt like big cities ... and then I visited SP on two occasions.

words failed me on how to describe the size and spectrum of prosperity (or the absolute lack of it in many parts of town) ... it gave me a whole new appreciation for all that I have (freedoms, health, living conditions, belongings, etc ...)

all the best,

R

We're the third worse country in social inequality on the world... This "position" is sometimes told as 8th or 1st... anyway, if you go to the northeast, north and center-west regions of Brazil and go to the periphery of the cities and small cities, the things will go even worse...
I just can't tell how many traffic lights have children asking for money on every city I go...

Almost finished the nut today, made a big mess on the string thru holes in the back... The guy had no 3/8" bit to enlarge the holes so, we did in the raw way...  The result? dirty work... Because? If you're going to build a Warmoth, buy EVERYTHING from Warmoth... All stuff bought in another source didn't work fine, aka pots, string ferrules...
Hope the nut go fine in the end... the B string went a little lower than I wished  :doh:

Back