Spalt Soloist (additional pics page 2, 9/14/2008)

Just one of those things that will probably keep me from building a radical guitar (other than funds). I have rules of "correctness," and decals being upside down isn't on there:p

Unless, of course, you play the guitar upside down... :toothy12:

Max said:
Just one of those things that will probably keep me from building a radical guitar (other than funds). I have rules of "correctness," and decals being upside down isn't on there:p

Unless, of course, you play the guitar upside down... :toothy12:

If you look at the pics at the beginning of the thread, you will see that it is a reverse headstock, and that the decal is, in fact, right side up.  I thought you were just kidding.

I see...

I'm kinda tired. Long weekend.  :doh:

I don't like the Hendrix strat decals...
StratocasterHNDX.jpg

Hopefully understandably.

Yours is completely awesome now that I can think about how the guitar will look when held  :redflag:

"Right side up for the upside down headstock! "  :icon_thumright:

See what I put up with ?!  :sad:

Doc you really must have money to burn. Black binding on an ebony fretboard. tsk tsk tsk... just obscene hehehe ;)

GoDrex said:
Doc you really must have money to burn. Black binding on an ebony fretboard. tsk tsk tsk... just obscene hehehe ;)

I wouldn't say that.  In person, you can see it.  If the body didn't have binding, the neck wouldn't have.  I just couldn't see having a bound body without a bound neck.

bpmorton777 said:
your builds are lookin good, Doc :icon_thumright: :eek:ccasion14:

Brian

Thanks, Brian.  I can tell you, when I decide to sit down to play, it is getting hard to decide which one to pick up.  :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:
GoDrex said:

I wouldn't say that.  In person, you can see it.  If the body didn't have binding, the neck wouldn't have.  I just couldn't see having a bound body without a bound neck.

uh huh... right... sure.... hahaha ;)

GoDrex said:
DocNrock said:
GoDrex said:

uh huh... right... sure.... hahaha ;)

:laughing11:

Marko said:
don't you dare you spalttelehuggingbrazillian!  :icon_biggrin:

Well, I could not take a picture of that acrylized as I left it in my mother's house...

But, here is one nice I've... soon I'll give you mooooooore pics  :laughing7:

NonsenseTele said:
Marko said:
don't you dare you spalttelehuggingbrazillian!  :icon_biggrin:

Well, I could not take a picture of that acrylized as I left it in my mother's house...

But, here is one nice I've... soon I'll give you mooooooore pics  :laughing7:

The coolest thing about that piece is that the pups go where there is no spalting.  Nice symmetrical bookmatching.

Back