Sorta "build"

What’s the plan and what is getting canabalized?
The plan was burn, then purple then clear coats. However, my test purple came out very purplely but reduced the contrast too much for my liking. So now, I am rethinking what dye color to use. I am not "cannibalizing" anything I prefer to think I am repurposing it's essence. uh, or ya lol.Reedoo.jpg Currently plays great and all but MIM Fender body is a boat anchor and Bigsby adds to that. Plus, I got enough skulls.

Is the Bigsby a B5, B50 or B500?

If a U.S. B5, if you plan to move it, let me know.
I am going to use it on this body. And it is a B50 cause you KNOW Spud is a cheap fella! (everything else is pretty decent fare Bourns pots, Lawrence/Wilde t48l bridge pickup, Duncan SM-1 neck, Mallory cap, Wilkenson bridge, Warmoth boat modern (I did shave it just a hair) Gotoh tuners,switchcraft switch. 6100's etc.

Last edited:
So what’s the deal with this burning stuff. You just chuck it in the fire, pull it out and sand it? Propane torch? Butane?

Something like Shou Sugi ... with some stain or dye? Pastel? How about a blue mixed with white, or a light grey, light green? Maybe a matte wipe on poly on top?

So what’s the deal with this burning stuff. You just chuck it in the fire, pull it out and sand it? Propane torch? Butane?
Propane torch to highlight the grain. See above before and after.

Something like Shou Sugi ... with some stain or dye? Pastel? How about a blue mixed with white, or a light grey, light green? Maybe a matte wipe on poly on top?
I kinda did that on the Heat Miser guitar with red. Was hoping purple would look good, but doesn't on this. Tried light blue but went green on me. So I gotta think on it a bit I spose.

Is the Bigsby a B5, B50 or B500?

If a U.S. B5, if you plan to move it, let me know.
The other thing is the B-50 is actually lighter than the B5. Ooops,They weight the same! However, I ditched the tension roller and thereby the nylon and it runs great for me just on the axel. Also drilled it out and stringing is way easier.

Last edited:
Back