Here are the specs:

Shedua body from Ebay, finished with Tru oil by me

Warmoth 24.75" conversion neck
White Korina with Ipe fingerboard
Clapton V back profile
10-16" radius
SS6115 frets
Schaller locking tuners

Vintage pearl pickguard (I had to drill the volume and tone controls)
1 volume control
1 master tone control
1 control set up for a Bill Lawrence Q filter
4 way switch
Wilkinson VS100

And most important of all...
Roadhouse True Blue P90 pickups!!!!!!!

Here's the wood the body was made from
SheduaBlock.jpg

Here's a mockup I did on Kisekae about a year ago
shedua-cream-black-ipe.png

The body as I bought it
Shedua.jpg

Close up of the grain after finishing it with Tru oil.  Shedua sort of looks like a cross between walnut and koa.
Shedua-Finish3small.jpg

The completed guitar
Sheduastrat5_zps14f1adb2.jpg

Backside (can you see what is missing?)
Sheduastrat3_zps6de43b88.jpg

Another angle
Sheduastrat2_zpsf538b2eb.jpg

Close up of the Ipe grain.  I think it goes well with the shedua.
Sheduastrat4_zps381e5b7a.jpg

So far I love how this plays.  The Clapton V is very comfortable for my thumb.  I just love the pickups that Ken sent me.  They have a nice bottom end without losing any top end. 

Gorgeous! Very well done!

As for what's missing... it needs strap buttons, a truss rod cover, and a Dangerous neckplate.

Close enough to show off, though. No guitar is ever "done".

Wow, awesome guitar! Top-router guitars and pearloid pickguards are definitely not my cup o' tea, but this is a very classy and nice-looking combination. Very well done!  :icon_thumright:

I love Shedua/Ovangkol/Amazique!
I was almost going to buy a laminate top once, but ended up buying Claro Walnut instead.

I really like the Ipe fretboard, too, and I'm not normally an Ipe fan.

:icon_thumright:

That's one beautiful guitar.  All of the elements go together so well it really compliments the beautiful wood.

Yip, I know...This is missing... :icon_scratch:
Tobi-1.jpg

BTW, that is an amazing looking guitar Chris... :icon_thumright:

Doug, that neckplate "Tobi" is for another guitar I'm building for a friend.  I don't have any good ideas for a cool neckplate. :dontknow:

I have a wiring isse I have to fix.  If I turn the volume knob down, the sound level never goes below about half, even turned down all the way.

crash said:
Doug, that neckplate "Tobi" is for another guitar I'm building for a friend.  I don't have any good ideas for a cool neckplate. :dontknow:

I have a wiring isse I have to fix.  If I turn the volume knob down, the sound level never goes below about half, even turned down all the way.
I'll have to work on that then... :icon_biggrin:

And what Cagey said, not grounded or some wiring crossed... :icon_scratch:

Fabulous graim & colouring black hardware accents the darker graining. :icon_thumright:
Is the Q filter wired right? What wiring do you have for the Q (don't see to much on how
that can be wired)?

leo12. said:
Fabulous graim & colouring black hardware accents the darker graining. :icon_thumright:
Is the Q filter wired right? What wiring do you have for the Q (don't see to much on how
that can be wired)?

The tone knob and Q filter knob work fine.  For the Q filter, basically it's an inductor that replaces the tone capacitor.

Im curious to know how you applied your tru-oil and how many coats did you apply? Did you sand in between?

I am finishing my own project and although I have started now with Tung-Oil, I am thinking of applying Tru-oil for top coats.

Thanks

Gorgeous job!
I too bought a piece of wood off of ebay and W made the guitar. Loads of fun.
Never heard of ipe before - the whole guitar is stellar!

FernandoDuarte said:
Awesome!!!!
But I think a strat headstock would be even nicier!

I wanted it to look different from my two other strats.

Maka491, I made a post where I went through the process of tru oil.  Just search tru oil.

Back