Seventh Jam of a Seventh Jam - 70bpm - everyone can play at 70bpm, right?

Thanks - I try to avoid a really fuzzy or fizzy tone - it doesn't work with my overly warm sounding warmoth anyway.. On this track I played with the volume knob a bit while I was playing to take some edge off. I like to play some notes with it down a bit and then turn up while holding a note. Or in some cases I would turn down a hair if I felt like the note ringing out had a little too much hair on it.

I have to give some credit to the Bare Knuckle VHII pickup I'm using. I love the tone I get from it.

I've been really happy with the Cyber. I also own a Tonelab LE but I can't seem to get a sound out of it that I really like. With the Cyber I feel like it covers a lot of ground and almost all of the "amps" are useful

There are some really nice clean tones in here, makes me feel ashamed I couldn't find the inspiration to do a clean take. Ah well, maybe in Jam #8 I'll get a clean tone. Speaking of which, who's up for Jam #8 ?  :party07:

Have to admit....  On my solo, it wasnt my Warmoth. 

I started on the neck pickup on my Epi LP (Bare Knuckle Mule) although I flicked to the bridge (Bare Knuckle Rebel Yell) for the big low notes, you can hear the switch click over.  All played into my Vox Tonelab ST set to a 'US 2x12' amp model, fairly clean although with a 'Boutique OD pedal' engaged.  Bit of delay and reverb from the Tonelab onboard effects.  Straight into a Mackie Satellite interface into Logic Pro on my iMac.

I'm gonna be bold and say that I'm not mad keen on the Tonelab (or PODs or amp modellers in general).  I struggle to get a decent sound, particularly cleans, to my ears I can hear the digits.
It's not too bad when backed by other music, it sits in the mix much better than when I hear it standalone, so to speak, in headphones.
I'm afraid I'm in the t00b amp camp.
HOWEVER, my Tonelab cant be beaten in terms of ease for home recording and practice etc.  Its simply not practical to crank my valves in my house with out the neighbours killing me.

There were some great tones coming from you guys.  I'm really pleased with the way this jam came out, and I'm definitely up for playing in the next one
:icon_thumright:

Modeling has come a long way, that's for sure. I bought my GT-8 in early 2006 and it was pretty groovy then, but my current Guitar Rig 4 setup sounds much better, leaps and bounds. I really like the sound I got for this jam, it feels very woody and somehow transparent. By pure coincidence it also reflects my planned future Real Rig :)

I'm using a GNX 4. It's cool in that it's got all the bells and whistles. I've got about 3 patches that I actually use, and it does give me some cool sounds. I've tried Guitar Rig 4 etc and for some reason I just can't get excited by the sounds that come out. I don't know why or for what reason, perhaps it's the small amount of latency throwing me off in some subconcious way.
That said, I'm growing tired of my old GNX 4. The next thing on my shopping list is a Pod HD (probably the HD500 if I can stretch that far). I'd love an Axe-Fx but its way outa my price range. Hopefully the Pod HD will be a good enough step forward that I don't regret the investment.
So is there any news on a Jam #8. I've liked that fact that the backing tracks are from forum members as well, instead of a youtube backing track or something. Is anyone up for doing the next one, if not, I'd give it a go although I don't know how good it'll be. I've probably got all the stuff to do it on here, just have to apply myself I guess. Any thoughts ?

I can do another backing track, but I need to get a particular cable to do the recording properly. Hopefully I can get it by Monday & post something up.

If someone else has a track they can post before then, that would be cool as well.  :guitaristgif:

I need to learn how to do that anyway, so I'll start working on one. Won't be ready for a another month if I know myself well...

Back home now.
Another good jam. It's always interesting to see what you all come up with when I've stuck up a backing track.
My gear was my W soloist, neck pu (Bareknuckle Coldsweat) into Digitech RP500 into Creative Audigy2ZSProkitchensinkmorelettersetcetc soundcard into Tracktion2 DAW but no post-EQing or 'owt.
Right, onto #8...

Back