Seventh Jam of a Seventh Jam - 70bpm - everyone can play at 70bpm, right?

We started doing it this way so we could get a half way decent mix  - we need to solo by itself to be able to get a good mix level and make it consistent between each person because the levels are often way different, and we need a combined version to make sure the timing is correct.

yea . . . I can't even download the file. It "opens" on iTunes, and iTunes plays it, but there is a little wifi icon next to the clip. If I'm not on the internet, I can't play it. And I can't get it into Garage Band.  :dontknow:

I'm a noob. It might be Safari, tho.

There's no way to save the file? This is one reason why I can't get along with Mac or whatever it is. No right click menus. Sounds like your computer system is handicapped.

can you hold down the option key when clicking on it?

worst comes to worst I can email it to you

Of course I can right-click! The option for exporting a file version of the song is grayed out (i.e. I cannot do that). Do I have to be a member of whatever site the file is on???

no it's just a file on a web server - -there's nothing odd about it that I can tell.

how about this:

http://www.wfzr.net/uwj7

Ok, I will try that, but right now I am on my iPod which don't help. I'll try it later, tho.

yeah.  :icon_thumright: that worked. I had to right-click on the LINK while in the web browser and click "download linked file.  :doh:

Do we have a deadline? I'm up for it this time too, but it can be a few days more before I have the time to record anything.

Usually it's two weeks from the start. No one actually announced a deadline though....

so the 26th I guess...

I'm sending my tracks to Max, so he can host them for me.  My take should be available soon  :eek:ccasion14:

My take!

Recorded with the 8ball Strat, mostly neck pup into my Vox Tonelab ST, into Logic on a Mac, running through a Mackie Satellite interface..

Thanks to Max for hosting.

Solo plus backing
http://max.efuclan.com/Wjam7mix.mp3

Just the guitar
http://max.efuclan.com/Wjam7solo.mp3

I kinda lost my way, in the middle section, but didnt want to keep going over and over, and make it more rehearsed.  Wanted to try and keep it free flowing.  Hopefully it'll sit with the rest of your solos.

Cheers.  Comments and criticism (constructive) welcome  :eek:ccasion14:

JimH

Hey Jim

You went on twice as long as we're doing... but it's no problem for me. I can leave it that way, or cut it in half - or you can do a shorter version. I personally don't mind leaving it long but I'll leave it up to you.

(I'm assuming I'm mixing the tracks again...)

Damn, Sorry guys. I must've picked the wrong backing track.

I'm happy to leave it long, unless anyone else has any objections in which case I'll re-record.
:-\

I think what I'll do is just save yours for the end and do a fade on it near the end - - it will work out sweet. :icon_thumright:

Yeah so every time someone starts a UW jam I say I'm about to do it but then never get around to it. I've been so busy the last couple weeks after getting back from the states and I haven't gotten my recording stuff back from my ex-band yet so I'll ahve to sit out 'till next one.  :-\

Back