Schaller staggered post heights = no string trees needed?

Back to OP for a second: I've been using the Wilkinson-LSR-Schaller setup for quite a few years now, and it's a killer. I'm using the Schallers that Warmoth sells, and they're not staggered, I think they're the 210mm post height, but don't quote me on that.

String trees aren't needed at all. This setup stays in tune really well even though I crank pretty hard on it during a gig. You just have to make sure that you stretch the strings pretty well when you put them on.

These are the headstock on the 8-Ball; my current #2, and I have the same setup on The Ritchie, my current #1.

headstock_back_cutdown.jpg

headstock_cutdown.jpg

Are there any archived threads on installing a new tremolo bridge and set up?
Check some of my build guides and the Welcome to the Forum thread which has things like that linked.

Also this one:

I tried them on a build a few years ago. There does not seem to be enough mechanical gearing as I could not get the strings close to in tune. They were impossible for me to twist them into tune. Replaced them with M6s.

View attachment 62950
Another tidbit with these tuners is since there is no tuner post and the string goes through the center of the tuner hole, the nut slot to tuner angle is now off by the radius of the missing tuner post. You can see it in the pic.

Back