Roadhouse Build thread

BigSteve22 said:
Most definitely! Just a simple thing, like changing the tuner buttons, can can be a significant improvement in the aesthetics. And if the guitar's already stunning,......
Thanks. The details do make a difference.

BigSteve22 said:
Good looking out! As you found out last time, finding a good fit for an odd size/shape is not fun. I'm waiting for my second "Mooncaster" case. First one will work, but it's huge, would require loads of extra foam to keep it from moving all over the place, and it weighs like 15 pounds! Hoping the next one is a little more, "fitting".

If I might ask, what's the total width of the lower bout?
The width is 13-3/8". Yeah, my JM case will hold the Telerauder but it rattles around in it.

ghotiphry said:
Carpet? What carpet? (You're the only one who noticed...)
:laughing11: :icon_thumright:

Wow Rgand!  You have put together another fantastic build and provided so much instructional content in this build thread.  You really put a lot of thought and hard work into this project.  The billet of mahogany you got from Bagman is a real specimen and the way you worked the curve in the grain in with the shape of the guitar is unbelievable.  Don't know if I am more impressed with that look in the back or the front!  Should be a real nice addition to your collection!  Thanks for sharing the experience of the build with us in this forum.  Great Stuff! 

Dan

Thanks, Dano. It was fun just getting the orientation right to show off that grain. But, I couldn't have done it without the right piece of wood. In person, the front has a bit more chatoyance than the back but the grain shows better on the back because there's nothing covering it up.

Back