Purple/Magenta burst flame Strat! ANOTHER PIC UPDATE 5/13

that's a sweet looking guitar. the purple w/ the natural binding is a beaut
maybe it's my monitor or maybe it's my eyes or maybe it's the white balance of the photos... but it looks to me like the purple has a funny tint to it and i can't figure out why. it just kinda looks weird to my eyes. do you have any pictures of it in a different light??

Define "funny tint".  It's technically a magenta burst, so it does look different than a regular purple dye finish.

I couldn't put my finger on it. I guess it might just be that more magentish/pinkish tint than what I imagined. It looked kinda yellowy? i could be crazy - i've been under a lot of stress. haha
still, i didn't mean to say it's not pretty. i really love the grain texture of the neck

It is a lot warmer in color than the other purple Warmoths I've seen.  It's actually a little closer to maroon than purple until you get to the very edges.

New pics with the parchment knobs:

4560574277_fa1f6f0dfe_b.jpg

4560574649_9ae46861a8_b.jpg

i like it. i think parchment pickup covers would complete it. and it looks like that ridiculous flame is too powerful for any camera!

Those are parchment pickup covers.  They just reflect a little differently because they're at a different angle I think.

That Strat looks great Hannaugh!  :icon_thumright:

This guitar is rated 3 blobbies...  :blob7:  :blob7:  :blob7:

That's the final touch, Hannaugh. It always did look great, but now it's well-balanced, too. Those other knobs drew the eye away as misplaced.

Thanks, guys.  I must say, I'm having so much fun with this guitar.  I love my Les Paul, but the Strat is so comfortable.  I think of the Les Paul now as my "formal" guitar, and the Strat is my "casual" guitar.

hannaugh said:
Thanks, guys.  I must say, I'm having so much fun with this guitar.  I love my Les Paul, but the Strat is so comfortable.  I think of the Les Paul now as my "formal" guitar, and the Strat is my "casual" guitar.

That's casual? I guess you wear a wedding gown to McDonald's then.  :toothy12:
MULLY

It's only casual compared to my Les Paul, which has extra inlay and full binding on the neck and body, locking tuners, 4 push/pulls... you know, the whole nine yards. 

mullyman said:
hannaugh said:
Thanks, guys.  I must say, I'm having so much fun with this guitar.  I love my Les Paul, but the Strat is so comfortable.  I think of the Les Paul now as my "formal" guitar, and the Strat is my "casual" guitar.

That's casual? I guess you wear a wedding gown to McDonald's then.  :toothy12:
MULLY

She does rock out with an air guitar in a wedding dress.

Back