Purple/Magenta burst flame Strat! ANOTHER PIC UPDATE 5/13

hannaugh

Master Member
It is finished except for a few tweaks here and there.  I also will probably change the knobs because they look too dark to me now.  I just used them because I had them handy.  They do go up to 11 though. 

4502529723_baba4f52f0_b.jpg

4503161784_16ea8366b2_b.jpg

Specs:

Mahogany/Flame Maple hardtail showcase body (thank you, sale!)
Magenta burst finish, masked binding
Gotoh vintage style hardtail bridge
Vintage pearl pickguard
Roadhouse Pickups - many thanks to TroubledTreble for making these Special/Fatboy hybrids for me, they are amazing! 
Gibson 50's style wiring
PlanetWaves gold jack

Canary conversion scale neck, standard thin
Stainless steel 6105 frets
Earvana installed white corian compensated nut
Gotoh SG38s
Barrel style string trees

I love this guitar.  Even with the slight tweaks here and there I will eventually have to do, I can tell this is going to seriously compete with my Les Paul to be my go-to axe on a day to day basis. 

I'll try to get some better pictures up soon.  It's kind of hard to photograph because of the contrast between the body and the pickguard.  The pickguard just reflects a lot and makes the pictures fuzzy.  Later today I might be able to get my husband to take some pics, as he is a better photographer than I. 

As I just said in my blue LP thread that I also updated -

I recently inherited a digital SLR - a Canon Rebel XTi.  It's a few years old, but still by far the nicest camera I've ever had.  Thanks to the photography tips in Freekmagnet's surf green Jazz bass thread http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=21803.msg322429#msg322429(check it out if you haven't seen it, it's good... it's real good - both the tips/photography and the gorgeous classic style bass), I've been able to put it to good use taking decent pictures of my builds.

So here are some new Strat pics in which you can really see the colors - these are easily the best pics ever taken of this guitar.  For some reason it's really hard to get the correct color to come through in pictures, but I think you can see it pretty accurately in these.  It is kind of hard to get the white to not be so bright though.  My friend has offered to let me use her lighting equipment, so I think I'm going to try that next.

8758942074_d93736bf0d_c.jpg

8757817005_0f65f28585_c.jpg

8758943978_110943813e_c.jpg

Yes, she is indeed a beauty  :glasses9:
How about some sound clips of those Fatboy hybrids   :blob7:

I love it!!!

now, about that pearloid pickguard in combination with the flame maple ... ... ... ... ... ... ... ... .... it looks great actually ;) ;) ;)

Here is a picture of what my choices were:

HannahsGuard.jpg

The darker one doesn't quite match the knobs, and I like the fact that the ones I chose stand out a little bit.  I knew I would have a terrible time matching off-whites! 

The knobs were made by DiMarzio, so I think I would have to get covers from them if I wanted to match them. 

NonsenseTele said:
zogoibi said:
creamy ones please  :)

Agreed

+3 on the creamy covers  :icon_thumright:
I bought those same knobs for my Firebird, but they just don't blend.
On yours, I love em', but those creamy covers would really work well with the knobs and the rest of the top...

Thanks for the nice comments, guys.  I am totally thrilled to have this turn out the way it did. 

I don't really want the pickup covers and knobs to blend into the pickguard, I actually like the subtle contrast of the pickup covers I chose.  I just need the knobs to match. 

Wow Hannaugh, that Strat is amazing! :eek:

I'm not too thrilled about the square fretboard heel or the knobs, but everything else is stunning.

You get extra points for the one ply pickguard. Looks so much better than a 3 or 5 ply. :icon_biggrin:

How much filing do you reckon the Earvana will need.  Do you have a first or second impression of it.  I'm going to eventually get one, for grins,  for my telecaster which needs a new nut anyways; due to string spacing issues:  so, I'm curious what folks are noticing, if anything.

Looks great!  

Your half way there with a Strat and a Lester now all you need is a Tele, ES335, Firebird, Flying V, SG, a few Gretches a Rick etc…………………..   :laughing7:

Just remember your favorite guitar is always the one you’re holding while your playing it.  

Back