Post Up Your Pedalboards!

Bass player pedal board.

The pedal board is a Boice Box.

The tools:
-switched receptacle, IEC input, 2 (switched) IEC cables powering the DI and pedal power supply
-VooDoo Pedal Power
-Ampeg Tube DI
-MXR Bass DI+ (only used for distortion)
-BOSS Bass Chorus
-MXR Bass Octave Deluxe
-TC Electronic Polytune

My amp.  I wouldn't normally include except for the tone shaping is done via a rackmount SansAmp RBI.  The Mesa M6 Carbine is only being used in a poweramp capacity: the SansAmp output goes into the return section of the FX loop.

I love seeing the bass pedalboards.  I do play some bass.  I was the bass player in my first band, back in the early 90s.  Back then, and even now, I just plugged direct into the amp.  I'm thinking I need to do some pedalboarding for bass. I like that Ampeg DI.  That is cool!

DocNrock said:
I love seeing the bass pedalboards.  I do play some bass.  I was the bass player in my first band, back in the early 90s.  Back then, and even now, I just plugged direct into the amp.  I'm thinking I need to do some pedalboarding for bass. I like that Ampeg DI.  That is cool!

It doesn't get brought out half the time, and Ampeg DI, I rarely use.  I don't have a steady band anymore, so I mainly do sub work now.  One of the bands I sub regularly with, I've done their songs enough, I'll sprinkle in fx.  Most times, I just plug straight into the amp.  The SansAmp is a great tube emulator and stand alone DI, so the Ampeg DI is reduced to a studio tool.

I just put together a board for my acoustic guitar - this was inspired by my recent installation of an LR Baggs M1A sound-hole pickup (it just involved cutting to add the endpin/jack. Through the Baggs, to the pedalboard, and then into an old Hohner keyboard amp it sounds awesome. Here it is:

acousticpedalboard.jpg

Used to have a big board, sold everything a long while ago to pay bills. Now its all Amplitube. Hopefully build a new board in the near future

Just kidding about that last one. Here's the real thing.

Xotic RC Booster -> Dunlop Original Cry Baby Wah - G-System (more goodies than I can ever use) -> Legacy 3.

G-System_zps3b75f81a.jpg

I'm connected using the 5-cable method (4-cable method + MIDI cable for amp control). Really great rig and takes 3 minutes to setup and tear down.

Pedal board
My favorite pedals on the board are the Boss Trem, which I use all the time, usually subtly in the background where it adds sparkle, the tech21 which nails the sound of a fuzz pedal into an overdriven marshall and the auto-wah which is bags of fun.  The delay pedal was modified by analog man to have a treble cut on repeats, it's OK, like the rest of the pedals adequate.  I do love the volume pedal.  So for me it's playing with the volume pedal, trem mildly in the background, a fuzzy marshall sound when I want it and funk wah.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 457
This is my pedalboard. I use this both for recording through a Line 6 UX1 and PodFarm, and when plugging into an amp.

10869826_518551734954090_7881172987367902363_o.jpg

mark1178 said:
Used to have a big board, sold everything a long while ago to pay bills. Now its all Amplitube. Hopefully build a new board in the near future
Man that sucks to have to sell your stuff just to pay a bill.But I have had to do that too at one time to pay a few bill's off.Then it takes forever to get it all back. :sad1:

KDC1956 said:
Man that sucks to have to sell your stuff just to pay a bill.But I have had to do that too at one time to pay a few bill's off.Then it takes forever to get it all back. :sad1:

Whaddaya gonna do when the wolves are snarling at the door? You're right; it's a bitch to recover from it. But, you gotta do what you gotta do. It's almost a rite of passage for musicians - dump your stuff to stay alive, then wonder how you're going to stay alive now that you've dumped your stuff. Check out any pawn shop - talk about a trail of tears. Same with jail. Didn't pay your tickets or child support? How about we lock you up so you can't earn any money? That'll learn ya!

Or those of us who abuse drugs.  How many drug addicts have had to sell their gear ... too many.  I don't hear so many stories like this, but back in the 70's and 80's they were a primary source of gear.  Kids now adays aren't taking drugs and are all on facebook.

Growing up in Detroit, I remember that period quite well. Pawn shops could hardly keep up with the flow of stolen, dope-dusted and desperation-soaked musical gear.

I remember 100 years ago a Big Muff Pi was the only thing I needed, too. Well, that and my Echoplex. Happiness!

Oh, I know. You'd be an example of the first type I mentioned, where the wolves are howling at the door. Rent, food, baby needs, car repair, the taxman cometh, etc. First things to go are those considered to be "luxury" items. People can smell it on you, and you haven't got time to argue. Gotta sell it RFN to the first person who even pretends to be interested because you don't have time. 

Really liking my setup right now. Built myself a board a little over a week ago! Made from an old fruit crate, pretty proud of my work. Square, solid, and it looks funky.

yN4ncpBCStqGvm6MBB40og.jpg

6vckyAsZRXG11MkgFRxKGA.jpg

-EBaIec6SkeBzSgQUuKm_g.jpg

Protone OD into pitchfork, into an EB volume jr, to a fairfield accountant, DM-2, then the dispatch master.

Only change I want to make as of right now would be to swap the protone for something else.... Guess the TS-9 type is not really suited well to my amp. Thinking of something like a fairfield barbershop or the JHS morning glory, to push the preamp and add a bit of its own character without making a muddy, mid-heavy jumble.

Also, I'd love to add a bunch of crap. But that's a given.

:blob7:

Ok, I got one now. And it's ummm would probably be indisspensable if I were playing out. I'm currently planning to use if long enough to figure out what I REALLY want out of it, then dump this one back on ebay and homebrew something.
fcb1010_zps6d6d3409.jpg

So far my design spec is:
1) Modeless operation
2) Bank/Preset buttons aligned with the Eleven Rack (Up/Down, 1,2,3,4)
3) Likely to have four or five effect buttons which may be programmed with the patch.
4) ONE (and only one) LONG THROW expression pedal. The pedals on the FCB1010 are the only thing about that truly sucks. Most everything is minor annoyance.
5) Phantom power so that only one cable runs to the pedal board
6) Dedicated Tuner button and built in tuner (Avid can save me the work if they'd just publish CC messages for the tuner. Please? Please? Otherwise I'll roll my own autocorrelation based tuner.

I am not a stomper.  So far my plan to use the 11R as a 6 knob head is working remarkably well. It's even pretty much a 2-amp, 6 knob head, as I pretty much only use the JCM800 and the AC-30TB models through the 412 G25 cabinet model. And I'm tickled pink with the sounds. If I have one complaint about the effects it's that the reverb and delays are a bit heavy - I tend to run very very very light mixes on them and the can still be overpowering. (Oh sure, they sound fine the way most people use effects, in "Effects Unit Demo Mode". But I try real hard not to let them swamp stuff.)

Back