Possible starting point for next build?

erogenousjones17

I'm contemplating another build (aren't we all?), and I'm thinking of a sea-foam green Strat, white pickguard, maple neck...anyway. I stumbled across this body on ebay, which is what got the gears turning. It would certainly be more affordable than a new Warmoth body, but I'm curious to know what the fine folks here have to say about it first. Any opinions on quality, sound, compatibility, etc.?

http://cgi.ebay.ca/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200332165307

go for it .. I'm thinking for my next build I might need to learn how to weld aluminum... and a firebird neck,  mini hums.. or tripple p-90's

That'll fetch over $300 guaranteed - that company makes quite a profit parting out new seconds and slightly used guitars. I've bought my cases and gig bags from them, those are a good deal.
It should be compatible, it's a fender USA body. I would get a Warmoth extra light alder body, add the heel contour, and send it to Tonar for a nitro seafoam green, if you really want a vintage type body. Won't cost much more and it'll be perfect.

I just bought a poplar Screamin' Deal strat body w/contoured heel, $139.

I'm having W paint it Surf Green: $185 (the more I try to do my own finishes, the cheaper W's finishes appear!).

Brand new, warranty, trusted and known manufacturer/seller: priceless.

big bob said:
go for it .. I'm thinking for my next build I might need to learn how to weld aluminum... and a firebird neck,   mini hums.. or tripple p-90's
Tig welding aluminum is easy. Be sure to use argon and helium together, makes for a really nice clean weld.... :icon_thumright:

Thanks for the advice. I'm on a tight budget, so I had planned on grabbing parts only as I could afford them. So I'll get this if it stays cheap (whcih apparently it won't). I have also scoped out the Screaming Deals section and the Showcase, and found a Surf Green poplar Strat body for $285. Mighty tempting.

Also, anyone have any thoughts on those  pickguards prewired with Golden Age pickups they have at StewMac?

tfarny said:
That'll fetch over $300 guaranteed - that company makes quite a profit parting out new seconds and slightly used guitars.

NOT necessarily true......wait and see.  There are always steals among the deals - keep your eye on it ('sides it's alder) 
icon_wink.gif

Back