Ebay Spalted Flame Maple LP Kit - Build

Orpheo said:
Now I can't let this go. I NEED to have a les paul with a spalted maple top, and now what?!
Now I need to find one, otherwise my gas will absorb me, or whatever.

al3100widewineredspalted5.jpg

Red spalted maple top - $389.95

al3000rootbeerspotter5.jpg

Root beer spalted maple top - $389.95

al3000natspalted5a.jpg

Natural spalted maple top - $399.95

And as any major dude will tell you, these are nice, Nice, NICE!

cagey: those look NICE indeed, and I know agile, I like 'm, butttt

the horn is just wrong. sorry :(

but guys, I have a project in mind. I'll post pics and details when its fully arranged :)

THE POWER OF AGILE COMPELS YOU! THE POWER OF AGILE COMPELS YOU!

I need a young luthier, and an old luthier!

guys, here's the pic of the guitar I'm eye-balling. its 385$ shipping included. not warmoth, by the way. USA build, if I'm to believe the seller at his/her word.

I'm not sure if I should do it, but i'm afraid that I'll regret it in the end if I don't buy the guitar (parts).

AGWAN said:
the... uh....

HIPS of that guitar.. look ENORMOUS.

Looks that way to me, too. It could just be the perspective of the shot. But, if he was worried about the horn shape on the Agile, he ought to be more worried about the thing being hippy. Most people wouldn't notice the horn being slightly off, but big hips are tough to miss.

Agreed.

though I actually like the Agile horn better than gibsons.

but both guitars look like they only have about 16 comfortable Frets.

here's a better pic of the front (and back). the shape is correct. I'm muling over the this guitar...

I saw that too...just making sure you know the top already has nitro on it....

DMRACO said:

yes, I know :) but nitro is supereasy to remove if I want it to have a tobacco sunburst (which can be done even without removing the undercoats, cause the color nitro will blend with the clear nitro!).

should I do it, or shouldn't I? I also want to go the mesa mark5 rout (and trade in my mark 4 for a 5'r)

Orpheo said:
DMRACO said:

yes, I know :) but nitro is supereasy to remove if I want it to have a tobacco sunburst (which can be done even without removing the undercoats, cause the color nitro will blend with the clear nitro!).

should I do it, or shouldn't I? I also want to go the mesa mark5 rout (and trade in my mark 4 for a 5'r)

DO.  IT.

Maybe I missed it Orpheo, but what's going on with that stripe on the back.  It looks like three pieces.

Lucky #007 said:
Maybe I missed it Orpheo, but what's going on with that stripe on the back.  It looks like three pieces.

the joint is just not perfectly centered :p can happen, right?

Orpheo said:
here's a better pic of the front (and back). the shape is correct. I'm muling over the this guitar...

I don't know man, even with these pics with different perspectives, the hips still look huge.  Big ol' birthin' hips.  The guitar itself and the top look very nice though.

Fat Bottomed girls you make the rocking world go round!!

(that is the second queen reference in 2 days ;))

Go for it orf!

nexrex said:
orpheo, you're a fellow lp junkie. $175 on ebay bud, get into it

Hi nexrex - any progress on your spalty?  You haven't posted in a while and I'd sure like to see how it turned out!

Unfortunately not yet. Humidity in Melbourne (Australia) has been really high over the last 2 months. Most days it has been up in the 70-80% range with 77-86 degrees Fahrenheit. This has made it really difficult for me to get any paint or assembly done in my garage. Hopefully it should clear up soon, and I can get this finished.

Märkeaux said:
Fat Bottomed girls you make the rocking world go round!!

(that is the second queen reference in 2 days ;))

With apologies to Freddie Mercury and crew, to the tune of "I'm In Love With My Car"

I'm in love with my guitar!
Gotta feel, for my strato-cat heel
Got a grip on my vibrato wang bar
Such a thrill, when my pick 'em ups sqeal...

Told my girlfriend I had to forget her
Rather buy me a reverberator
So she made tracks, sayin' this is the end now
Guitars don't talk back, they're my only friends now...

Somebody call Weird Al Yankovic...

Back