Pele fade Strat build

Just surprisingly got a shipping notification from Warmoth, presumably for that body.
I'm pretty excited, this means they are still doing some work (this one only needed the bridge inserts installed).
I don't have any neck for it at this time but that's another problem.

To make it easier to behold. Look forward to seeing what the finished guitar looks like.

index.php

I agree. What surprises me is how vivid and complementary it is. I would have never even thought for a moment that that would look good until I saw it. Now, I wonder why I don't have one...

Cagey said:
I agree. What surprises me is how vivid and complementary it is. I would have never even thought for a moment that that would look good until I saw it. Now, I wonder why I don't have one...

Would you like one ? I was debating yesterday night whether to keep going with this build, given how many builds I've done in the past and that Soloist body I have sitting in a box waiting to be finished (that one I definitely want to keep/do)... Another solution would be to buy more wall mounts (running out of space in the small closet)...

stratamania said:
To make it easier to behold. Look forward to seeing what the finished guitar looks like.

index.php

Thanks!
Didn't know you could do that, it's a bit convoluted as you need to post first then edit with the links of the uploaded image. I'll update my post and a few others, that's much better like that

docteurseb said:
Thanks!
Didn't know you could do that, it's a bit convoluted as you need to post first then edit with the links of the uploaded image. I'll update my post and a few others, that's much better like that

No problem. An alternative is to post the photos to a hosting site and then post the links from there.

docteurseb said:
Would you like one ? I was debating yesterday night whether to keep going with this build, given how many builds I've done in the past and that Soloist body I have sitting in a box waiting to be finished (that one I definitely want to keep/do)... Another solution would be to buy more wall mounts (running out of space in the small closet)...

Thanks, but I've got the same problem, and need to move.

Cagey said:
docteurseb said:

Thanks, but I've got the same problem, and need to move.

Alright, I guess I need to get a wall mount then. Damn it :-D

Here's a video of the body:
[youtube]https://youtu.be/0lfGcK1wGHU[/youtube]

Looking at this build at work and a coworker, standing to the side, said, "Is that on fire?"

Crazy figuring in that top!

Putting this on pause...

As mentioned earlier I have a few too many bodies/guitars, and however cool this 40th anniversary run is I wasn't planning on building another Strat-style guitar before these got announced.

If I can sell the body at cost then I'll sell it instead of proceeding with this build. It's listed in the 'for sale' section as I want to give UW members the opportunity to get it first before putting it up for sale on Reverb.

More than once I've bought bodies/necks just because what Warmoth offers is so... outstanding. Felt like I had to have it, lest another opportunity wouldn't present itself. You rarely see some of the things they make. You look at a high-end piece from one of the usual suspects, and say "you call that "premium/custom"? I'll show you custom! But, then you end up with too many pieces needing attention, and start feeling guilty...

Gonna proceed after all, I decided to sell the "Dragon Breath Glow" VIP (in parts) I did last year to make room for it.
The VIP was spectacular looking and playing but I never really bonded with it. I seem to just feel more at home with Strat bodies anyways.

Sorry guys, however awesome looking this body was I decided to list it for sale yesterday and it just sold this morning.
I'm having too much fun staining my own bodies so I think the next one will be one I stain myself again.

Back