Candy Pink Strat with custom pink/red resin inlays

Had to redo the buttons to make them brighter; still unsure about the look of wood dyed buttons paired with a metallic finish for the body.

Bridge and nut aren't final as I have a Super Vee tremolo coming soon.
If the Super Vee ends up staying I'll switch to a GraphTech XL nut instead of finishing the bone nut installation.

I had the hardest time getting correct colors, this is as close as I'll get:
iTa9V5c.jpg

FwP8UHq.jpg

M1Yn11U.jpg

DtOnJcE.jpg

y5OyS1x.jpg

NOEYAEj.jpg

1MQ7U1L.jpg

...and I still have the red epoxy resin used to make the dots... I wonder how suitable it would be for a nut

Looks very good.

I really like the body although possibly try ebony tuner buttons as an idea or just the chrome buttons to see how they look.

stratamania said:
Looks very good.

I really like the body although possibly try ebony tuner buttons as an idea or just the chrome buttons to see how they look.

Chrome buttons looked fine but bizarrely made the headstock look like it needed more contrast/colors.
I wouldn't have felt what way if the neck had the usual black inlays.
On the other hand the dyed buttons may be going slightly overboard with colors.

Or I could just play and forget about it.

The lack of decal isn't helping either; a dark metallic red decal/sticker of some kind could help:
CJRkRM2.jpg

I'm tempted to cut a nut out of the red epoxy resin block just to see how that could look, but suspect it's too soft.

Ah, I see what you mean. Its a bit of a tricky one and as you say if with the neck not having black dots it needs something to either tie it together or give a different view somehow.

alexreinhold said:
DrSeb said:
alexreinhold said:
Very nice project Seb. What was the process to dye the tuners red? Primer, lacquer, gloss?

dye, lacquer gloss, buff.

Wow, never occurred to me it's that easy to color chrome. Might try it soon

It isn't that easy to color chrome Alex, the tuner buttons are dyed curly maple.

stratamania said:
alexreinhold said:
DrSeb said:
alexreinhold said:
Very nice project Seb. What was the process to dye the tuners red? Primer, lacquer, gloss?

It isn't that easy to color chrome Alex, the tuner buttons are dyed curly maple.

Aaaah... I was confused about what curly maple is. Thought it was code for something. That explains everything :)

alexreinhold said:
stratamania said:
alexreinhold said:
DrSeb said:
alexreinhold said:

Aaaah... I was confused about what curly maple is. Thought it was code for something. That explains everything :)

It is just another term for flame maple.

Back