Other females?

hannaugh

Master Member
I was just wondering if there were many/any other female site members around besides myself. 

I noticed on one thread someone was talking about trying to convince their wife about buying a Warmoth body, and how wives never understand.  I had to laugh because my fiance thinks I'm insane with my guitar obsession. 

He really can't say jack though because his thing is cars.  He has two Mustangs, and I say that I should get to buy as many guitars as equal the value of at least one of the Mustangs... so that's like $19,000 worth of gear for me.

The worst thing you can do on the Internet is identify yourself as a female.

Having said that...

Unpleasant. That pretty much describes me.

I'm a Texan. I go Beyond Texan.

Oh, and by the way, your level of horsecrap has has me wishing that the Warmoth board had an ignore button. Because, you are full of crap.

If you disqualify the cross dressers among us, then the answer is... gals are distinctly outnumbered (but seldom outclassed).

Welcome aboard.

I wish there were more female musicians. I like how they approach their instruments (and music) in a non macho way, except metalheads... :headbang1:

There is only your Mrs... Once a niece of a boarder came here, but both desapeared pretty soon...
Welcome to the board!

Hey Hannaugh,

I think you're it around here, bud.  I wish there were more women playing music as well, but I'm fortunate that my main band has two wonderful female musicians in it.  They're just not that all interested in gear.

RLW said:
The worst thing you can do on the Internet is identify yourself as a female.

Having said that...

Unpleasant. That pretty much describes me.

I'm a Texan. I go Beyond Texan.

Oh, and by the way, your level of horsecrap has has me wishing that the Warmoth board had an ignore button. Because, you are full of crap.

... not really sure what you're trying to accomplish with this message.  Don't really care. 

I teach at an arts high school, and I have a lot of female students who play guitar.  I knew a lot of other girls when I was in high school who played too, but I don't know how many actually stuck with it.  I showed a bunch of my kids the Warmoth site, and they were all over that.

I do know that a lot of us like browsing for gear online, but avoid guitar shops like the plague because the salesmen can be extremely condescending.  Or they try to hit on us the whole time, which is also lame.  It's not quite as bad as going into a comic book store, but Guitar Center used to be horrible.  Some guy actually tried to tell one of my students the difference between acoustics and electrics.  She has been playing for five years. 

hannaugh said:
,... but avoid guitar shops like the plague because the salesmen can be extremely condescending.  Or they try to hit on us the whole time, which is also lame.  It's not quite as bad as going into a comic book store, but Guitar Center used to be horrible.  Some guy actually tried to tell one of my students the difference between acoustics and electrics.  She has been playing for five years. 

That reminds me of this great clip of Kim Deal (Pixies and Breeders) in a music store  :icon_jokercolor:
[youtube=425,350]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNyNEO4Ef08[/youtube]

Has RLW lost his mind, this is the second thread in as many minutes I've seen were he's trowing a moody without any provocation.
What gives?

And welcome hannaugh.

misplacedsanity said:
Has RLW lost his mind, this is the second thread in as many minutes I've seen were he's trowing a moody without any provocation.
What gives?

And welcome hannaugh.

He and Alfang are really women posing as men; if you've been paying attention they both tend to go off like that on a semi-predictable monthly cycle...

misplacedsanity said:
What gives?

And welcome hannaugh.

happens pretty regularly from what I can tell...

oh and hannaugh is the first female that I'm aware of since I started posting here, not that long ago. I wondered about the lack of them once....
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2808.0

misplacedsanity said:
What gives?

Yea, i thought it was a bit out of character as well.

And in case I was not clear; Hannaugh, you're very welcome here as far as I'm concerned.

jackthehack said:
misplacedsanity said:
What gives?

And welcome hannaugh.

He and Alfang are really women posing as men; if you've been paying attention they both tend to go off like that on a semi-predictable monthly cycle...

Ha! :laughing3:

Hey, welcome. You are literally the only female I can remember on this board, and we've lamented that fact before (the fact that  there are no women here, not the fact that you've joined!). This board often takes on the tone (and smell, somehow) of a men's locker room at a downtown Y. "Gearheading" may be more associated with guys than football is, somehow. When we go off topic, it's guns, football, politics, the fact that our wives hate our many guitars, etc. etc.
So, welcome! Stick around, this is a great forum if you can get over the smell of the moldy jock straps.

jackthehack said:
misplacedsanity said:
What gives?

And welcome hannaugh.

I thought we disqualified the cross dressers?  Don't make me redo the attendance rolls... AGAIN!~

Anyone who wants to talk music and instrument building is always welcome.  Good group of human beings here.

Welcome to the the boards!  :rock-on:

hannaugh said:
I was just wondering if there were many/any other female site members around besides myself. 

I noticed on one thread someone was talking about trying to convince their wife about buying a Warmoth body, and how wives never understand.  I had to laugh because my fiance thinks I'm insane with my guitar obsession. 

He really can't say jack though because his thing is cars.  He has two Mustangs, and I say that I should get to buy as many guitars as equal the value of at least one of the Mustangs... so that's like $19,000 worth of gear for me.

Hello Hannaugh,

Welcome to our forum. We had a thread here a couple of months back that might interest you, it was called "Entirely Male?". (click the link below) The topic is self-explanitory. You might try reading through the posts to find out if you are indeed the only female. I'm thinking you are but I don't know for sure.  Again, welcome...and pay no attention to RLW.  Cheers! :eek:ccasion14:

http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=2808.0

Back