Other females?

hannaugh said:
It's cool.  I'm from So Cal... everyone is "man" and "dude" here, no matter your actual gender.

Last I heard about SoCal, that latter item is always up to some speculation.....emphasis on "actual" I guess.

Last time this topic came up I called Schmoopy a girl.  :p  Where the hell is Schmoopy anyway? ???

dbw said:
Last time this topic came up I called Schmoopy a girl.  :p  Where the hell is Schmoopy anyway? ???

I don't know, maybe he fried his ass trying to fix that Silvertone case amp? We warned him...

=CB= said:
hannaugh said:
It's cool.  I'm from So Cal... everyone is "man" and "dude" here, no matter your actual gender.

Last I heard about SoCal, that latter item is always up to some speculation.....emphasis on "actual" I guess.

That's specifically more West Hollywood.  Though my friend dated a transgendered person when she lived in Nor Cal... that was a little awkward.

Well, it looks like RLW pulled all his posts and retired from this forum  I don't see his name under the Members list anymore.  Too bad, I liked most of his input

Jack, I saw your post days ago and was sorry to see you drag me into that.  I've had a few moments, most of them in jest, 

But I've never gone off on a fellow board member like RLW did for no reason.    And with a reason , never like that.  And No I'm not female.

We all have our days, some of us keep a lower profile than others, but for the most part we all get along here, I've seen other forums that are into full on hate and verbal war.

I don't think we have that here,  you can think I'm nuts for some of my bashing of some people over some stuff, but if you follow all my posts, I usually always make amends to people by complimenting their good ideas and thoughts

I think dbw would vouch for me, I gave him some crap early on about something, but have been a fan of his ever since.

I used to think CB was crazy, Now that I've drinken from the drambuie glass, I know that it's my bad perception, and i look to him as a smart resourcefull load of info for me to tap into.

In short ( too late)  everyone here gets along pretty well, and if we have a bad day, let it go and hope they recover

I like everyone here, believe it or not

Well, it looks like RLW pulled all his posts and retired from this forum  I don't see his name under the Members list anymore.  Too bad, I liked most of his input

Jack, I saw your post days ago and was sorry to see you drag me into that.  I've had a few moments, most of them in jest, 

But I've never gone off on a fellow board member like RLW did for no reason.    And with a reason , never like that.  And No I'm not female.

We all have our days, some of us keep a lower profile than others, but for the most part we all get along here, I've seen other forums that are into full on hate and verbal war.

I don't think we have that here,  you can think I'm nuts for some of my bashing of some people over some stuff, but if you follow all my posts, I usually always make amends to people by complimenting their good ideas and thoughts

I think dbw would vouch for me, I gave him some crap early on about something, but have been a fan of his ever since.

I used to think CB was crazy, Now that I've drinken from the drambuie glass, I know that it's my bad perception, and i look to him as a smart resourcefull load of info for me to tap into.

In short ( too late)  everyone here gets along pretty well, and if we have a bad day, let it go and hope they recover

I like everyone here, believe it or not

I'm not an avid poster on this forum, but I do read a lot of the threads and while it may seem weird, I feel like I 'know' the people on the board. Does that make any sense or am I coming across as a cyber stalker?!

I can whole heartedly say this is the best forum I've ever been involved with because of the reasons Alfang mentioned above.

There's no spam, people don't hide behind their anonymous usernames like so many other forums to abuse and be condescending and dump crap on anyone and anything.

If someone asks a question, it's always answered with accurate and helpful responses with some humour thrown in.

Some things on the top of my head that I've seen: Max come in and ask for help to end up receiving donated parts (awesome), JamesL get a paying gig and sponsored by a brand, Tonars amazing pieces of work, DocnRocks severe case of GAS and a rapidly growing herd of Warmoths and countless other fantastic guitars being built and proudly displayed and discussed. CB's encyclopedic finishing knowledge and Wanna's making and finished VIP..  :toothy12:

This is a great board and it's only as good as its contributors and moderator(s).

RLW, all the best. I hope you decide to rejoin us Warmothians soon.

I agree that in my short time on this board, people have been extremely nice to me.  I am usually hesitant to join forums because they can turn into rambling hateful arguments with no provocation, and I'm just not interested into getting into anything like that.  I kind of outgrew caring about what total strangers think of me when I was in 4th grade, so it's a waste of time in my opinion. 

I'm sorry that RLW fell off the deep end for whatever reason.  Before I joined I read some of his posts and he seemed to have some interesting things to say.  I have no idea what I did to upset him besides, um... being a woman.  If he has a problem with that, then he's got a lot bigger problems than people offending him on a forum, cause there are a lot of us in the world.  Who knows, maybe it was something completely unrelated.  But hopefully he can sort it out and come back with a more rational attitude. 

Alfang said:

a.  Crazy:  I am!
b.  Drambuie: Told ya so!

If there was any sense of putting honey and herbs into Scotch whiskey, then Drambuie would be called Scotch... Sweet enough to be useful if you need to make your dog gag, though....

Hah, drinking the Drambuie is like drinking the Kool-Aid on this forum.

Cheers Alfang  :eek:ccasion14:

Yeah I think RLW must have doubled his dose of grouchy that day.  :(

What's wrong with honey and herbs?  Don't you guys drink mead?

I think I prefer Irish Whiskey to Scotch.  Though, I found a 40 year old bottle of The Glenlivet single malt in my grandfather's liquor cabinet. That is kind of exciting.

hannaugh said:
What's wrong with honey and herbs?  Don't you guys drink mead?

No.  and we also don't drink peach schnapps.

hannaugh said:
I think I prefer Irish Whiskey to Scotch.  Though, I found a 40 year old bottle of The Glenlivet single malt in my grandfather's liquor cabinet. That is kind of exciting.

Yea, that's exciting.  While we are on the subject of beverages, I'm currently working through a couple of cases of this stuff:

innis-gunn-original-21028.jpg

Yep, that's right - beer aged in whiskey barrels.  :eek:ccasion14:

Dude, the Vikings used to drink mead... before they went pillaging.  Beowulf drank mead!  It ain't no peach crap. 

Where did you find that crazy IPA?  I was meaning to go beer shopping, but my uncle got me the enormous gift case of all the different winter Sam Adams brews for Christmas, and I need to save my money for parts for my LP.  So I probably won't go for a while.  The Sam should last me a while though. 

hannaugh said:
Dude, the Vikings used to drink mead... before they went pillaging.  Beowulf drank mead!  It ain't no peach crap. 

Hey, that's why they pillaged in the first place:

Sven:      "Pass me that bottle - I'm thirsty"
Frederik:  "Sure thing Sven" (hands him the bottle)
Sven:        (Glug Glug, choke, sputter) "Ach!  what the hell is this crap??!?"
Frederik:  "I don't know - some stuff we picked up at the last village"
Sven:      "That's the last straw!  First it's the horns that fall off your helmet, and now this!  Let's pillage the bastards!  ARRRRRRGGGGG!!":
Frederik:  "AAAAAAARRRRRRRGGGGGG!!!"

hannaugh said:
Where did you find that crazy IPA? 

Where all good booze comes from.  Scotland.

When it comes to beer I'll stick to my local micro breweries not something produced by the skirt wearing penny pinchers from north of the border. Come to think of it I won't drink anything that was produced in Suffolk either but that's due to the rather intense local rivalry between Norfolk and Suffolk. ;)

Where did you find that crazy IPA? 

[/quote]

Where all good booze comes from.  Scotland.
[/quote]

... and by Scotland you mean where?  Bevmo?  Or did you personally buy it in Scotland?

My favorite beers all come from England, Ireland, or Scotland.  Except for the stuff I buy at TAPS brewery in Brea, which is amazing.  Especially the oatmeal stout and the cream ale.  Anderson Valley Brewing makes some really good stuff too.  And if I'm in the mood for something a little more intense, either something from Stone like Arrogant Bastard, or my favorite beer over 7%, which is Old Rasputin Russian Stout, available on tap at the deli down the street from work in Santa Ana.  If it's hot out though, my favorite is Cooper's Ale with a slice of lime or lemon. 

This might be a good time to mention that the other slightly male dominated website I am a member of is www.ratebeer.com

Back