Other females?

TexxasJam said:
Again, welcome...and pay no attention to RLW.  Cheers! :eek:ccasion14:

+1

Yes, welcome to the nuthouse!  :toothy10:

And mind you not those mad rantings... apparently there are a few squatters/control freaks here whose brains produce a whacked-out chemical reaction when they read stuff (I know from experience; I have my own little "fanclub" of nuts following me around here heh).  F' em - 99% are cool cats here - have a rum n coke and enjoy the show!

Why yes, I am from "The Fullerton".  I have lived here since I was 2.  I have parked my car in the structure that used to be the Fender factory several times when picking up my fiance from the train station.  I have drunkenly passed out in the playground across the street from the Fender museum a few times too... my favorite pub is right there. 

And I don't really care about the threads getting "locker room-ish".  I was a scenic carpenter for a few years, I've heard it all.  It never really bothered me.  One of my best friends is a welder, and if SHE was into guitar instead of drums, I can guarantee you she would also be on this site.  I think if there were more theater tech girls who played guitar and knew about Warmoth, we'd all be on here because we're all into designing and building stuff. 

Okay, I confirmed it.  I showed the Warmoth site to three of my theater tech students today (both girls, 2 bass players and a guitarist), and they all said "You mean I can DESIGN MY OWN!!!??" very enthusiastically, and they thought the site was really cool.  One of them was already envisioning her future Warmoth Thunderbird.

:)
Tell her the Thunderbird headstock is not offered to orders, as neck bindings on neck... perhaps someday they make another batch of it, but Gregg didn't give us any sure about. So alternatives are Fender or Warmoth headstock... I was very concerned about the look on ByteFrenzy with W headstock, but it ended really awesome... :)

welcome  :hello2:

i for one actually do remember another female on here, maybe around 12 months ago. can't for the life of me remember the username  :icon_scratch:

but yeah, like everywhere on the net, certain people like stirring the pot. good to hear you got a tough stomach (hanging around other landscapers/builders/labourers builds up your tolerance pretty quick). and in terms of other ladies, i'm probably about the closest looking here (yep, long girly hair in abundance).

join the party, and don't blame us for the many nights to come, laying awake in bed dreaming up the endless possiblities, what you want to build next, what exotic wood for the neck, what crazy pickup routing allllllllllllieeeeeeeeeeeffffffffffssssssshhhhhhhh *starts drooling and eyes roll into back of the head*

NonsenseTele said:
Tell her the Thunderbird headstock is not offered to orders, as neck bindings on neck... perhaps someday they make another batch of it, but Gregg didn't give us any sure about. So alternatives are Fender or Warmoth headstock... I was very concerned about the look on ByteFrenzy with W headstock, but it ended really awesome... :)

Nah - what you really need is a FENDERBIRD!
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=5005.0

NonsenseTele said:

Another option is to order a paddlehead and do the Thunderbird headstock yourself - there was something with a large well equipped workshop, wasn't there? I was originally planning to go that way, then thought about a Maple neck with Wenge veneer peghead (which you can't have in paddle), and when i changed my mind and decided on a Wenge neck I didn't think about going back to the paddle.

Someting else that hasn't already been done (I think) is a Thunderbird with a REVERSE Fender headstock. I just thought ofitwhile reading this thread and I think it could work pretty well.

The Fenderbird looks pretty sweet!  I've always liked that style, but I think the Fender headstock looks pretty cool.  The black pickguard is a nice touch too. 

hannaugh said:
The Fenderbird looks pretty sweet!  I've always liked that style, but I think the Fender headstock looks pretty cool.  The black pickguard is a nice touch too. 

Cheers man!  It's not even neck heavy  :)

It's cool.  I'm from So Cal... everyone is "man" and "dude" here, no matter your actual gender.

guitlouie said:
Did you just say "cheers MAN" to the only girl here?
hannaugh said:
It's cool.  I'm from So Cal... everyone is "man" and "dude" here, no matter your actual gender.

I'm from deepest darkest rural England, and I say that all the time, to boys and girls.  I think I watched too much 'ninja turtles' when I was little!

I say it all the time too.  I just thought it was funny, coming as it did in the thread about the fact that there were no women around here!  :icon_thumright:

Don't know how to respond to all this, except to say at least I didn't say "baby".  :evil4:

There are some pretty flashy female players out there. Jennifer Batten comes to mind. I'm no veteran of the board as of yet but I welcome your input.
MULLY
How can I not like women? My mother is one.

Back