New Warmoth video: 7/8

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
Here's our newest video...boy does our new video room look spiffy! Also, pay close attention at about 2:08, to see Aaron shaking his money-maker. The way I'm throwing my hip into it cracks me up every time I watch it!  :bananaguitar:

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLLBquv-OD4[/youtube]

I distinctly remember catching Larry Carlton in Phoenix in 1989 on his On Solid Ground tour in the wake of his gunshot wound recovery, and he was playing his 7/8 Valley Arts tele.  I was still too new as a player to really clock what was happening there, but I was surprised to see such a small guitar.

Of course Larry burned the place down.

If it blew by in some other part of the video and I missed it, I apologize for my inattentiveness, but when you mentioned that the 7/8 guitar can be fitted with all standard parts such as bridges, pickups, etc., at about 5:20, I think it would have been helpful to note that you do need a specially cut pickguard if you're going to use one.

Bagman67 said:
If it blew by in some other part of the video and I missed it, I apologize for my inattentiveness, but when you mentioned that the 7/8 guitar can be fitted with all standard parts such as bridges, pickups, etc., at about 5:20, I think it would have been helpful to note that you do need a specially cut pickguard if you're going to use one.

Totally would have been worth mentioning, but too late now. Maybe I'll add it to the video's description.

One thing I've learned from doing these videos over the last couple years is that it's nearly impossible to remember everything you want to say and include all the details, and still maintain an off-the-cuff and conversational vibe. I prefer to get in front of the camera and just talk as if I were sharing it with a friend.

I would really hate to get mired down in reading a script and all that, plus it would just take too long. We churn these things out pretty quick. We did this video last Friday. It was shot and edited in about three hours. (I get brutalized by the YouTube savages all the time for my "barely adequate" chops, but what they don't realize is how quick and impromptu this stuff actually is. Most of the time I have no idea what I'm even going to play until about one minute beforehand. A lot of times I just make something up, and then it's like "film this quick, before I forget what I'm playing!" Oh well...haters gonna hate.)

Super cool Aaron. Best video yet! :icon_thumright:

Another thing you might want to mention in the video description is that one can equip a 7/8-S or 7/8-T with a 24" Mustang neck (my preferred choice).
Perfect for those of smaller stature and/or smaller hands.

I searched long and hard for 24" scale guitars of quality and Warmoth are the only company - that I know of - that offers this. :eek:ccasion14:

Good video helps to visualize the options. I had a feeling that the Valley Arts 24 3/4 scale were Warmoth parts now its confirmed. Anyway, I wanted one back in the day...mmm Tele or Strat...

Another outstanding video, AA! I thought it was quite informative. Most of the people on this forum already know a lot about the 7/8 guitars but it's good to offer that to new and prospective customers. I like watching the Warmoth videos. There's always something to pick up from them. :icon_thumright:

100% my next Warmoth build (yannow, after I receive and assemble/set up the current one...  :laughing7:) will be a 7/8 Warmoth.  Probably T style with the 24" Mustang/Jaguar neck.

double A said:
(I get brutalized by the YouTube savages all the time for my "barely adequate" chops, but what they don't realize is how quick and impromptu this stuff actually is. Most of the time I have no idea what I'm even going to play until about one minute beforehand. A lot of times I just make something up, and then it's like "film this quick, before I forget what I'm playing!" Oh well...haters gonna hate.)
Just goes to show that most "YouTube savages" ain't got no class!  :rock-on:

I just purchased a 7/8 S style and I couldn’t be more excited. Would love to see what you guys have!

I know I'm inspired. Somehow, it's gotten by me all these years that the 7/8 neck is a 24 fret part. 24 frets? Warhead? Shorter scale? Lighter body? Still has classic appearance? Where do I sign?

If I had wifeauth, I'd be ALL OVER this.  I'm a LSR convert and love locking the strings on both ends.  I'll bide my time.  Ooooooo I'll bide my time!

stratamania said:
Cagey said:
I know I'm inspired. Somehow, it's gotten by me all these years that the 7/8 neck is a 24 fret part. 24 frets? Warhead? Shorter scale? Lighter body? Still has classic appearance? Where do I sign?

Just think of the possibilities...sign here :)

fdesalvo said:
If I had wifeauth, I'd be ALL OVER this.  I'm a LSR convert and love locking the strings on both ends.  I'll bide my time.  Ooooooo I'll bide my time!

Frank, we don't need to put up any cash up front. It may take a couple of months before Warmoth is ready for us to place an order. Give it some thought...

Back