Meanwhile, at Warmoth...a new video room!

aarontunes

Somewhere in the middle of nowhere.
Staff member
30806290_10157492353903289_6039534330761502542_o.jpg

Hooray...the new video room is finally ready! It's not completely finished, but it's finished enough to shoot our first videos. Watch for them next week! (ps....keep your eyes peeled for a new giveaway that starts next week too!)

Looks good to me! What kind of video, though? Doesn't seem to have a great deal of room to set up props and whatnot.

Looks great.
And i reckon you don't need much room when doing close-ups of nice bodies and necks and the like. :eek:ccasion14:

Niiiice! It looks like it'll do the trick. Looking forward to your first efforts.

Cagey said:
Looks good to me! What kind of video, though? Doesn't seem to have a great deal of room to set up props and whatnot.

Green screen & CGI for all the explosions, lasers and marauding robots.

Cagey said:

Like most movie studios, it looks way bigger on screen than it does in real life. Ever been to a taping of the Tonight Show or something like that? You'll be amazed at how small everything actually is.

I must admit I've never been in a proper video/film studio, so I have no idea. I'm just going by my limited camera experience.

double A said:
Cagey said:

Like most movie studios, it looks way bigger on screen than it does in real life. Ever been to a taping of the Tonight Show or something like that? You'll be amazed at how small everything actually is.

& it's about 10 times smaller than that for Radio.

TonyFlyingSquirrel said:
double A said:
Cagey said:

& it's about 10 times smaller than that for Radio.

LOL...and everyone is 10 times uglier.  :icon_biggrin:

We've shot two videos in there so far. The first gets released next Tuesday....along with the announcement of a new finish color for bodies. Any guesses?

Eventually we are going to hang guitars along the wall with the wood panel. It's gonna be even awesomer!

double A said:
Cagey said:

Went to one TV taping (who wants to be a Millionaire--a friend was a contestant).
That is the LAST time I will ever do that.

They seriously want the audience in their seats non-stop  for hours. And they want the audience the REACT to every joke like it is the funniest thing you ever heard. Then when it is over, they have the audience record fresh reaction tracks--laugh tracks and "awwwws".

And YES the studio is maybe 1/8 the size I thought it would be.

double A said:
We've shot two videos in there so far. The first gets released next Tuesday....along with the announcement of a new finish color for bodies. Any guesses?

Hopefully some new flakes? Maybe something in the purple realm? And I remember a really nice orange-ish one you guys had several years ago called Desert Sunset. It was gorgeous.

Two more favorites:

- Champagne Sparkle, as seen on some Gretsch solid bodies and drumsets (silvery copper/salmon), and some Fenders as well.

But, most of all, I'd love to see you guys to offer...

- Dick Dale Chartreuse Sparkle!!! If you haven't seen that color in real life, you're missing quite a sight. :icon_thumright: No photo has EVER done it proper justice.

Anyway, those are my four wishes. I hold next-to-zero hope for any of them...I'm a realist, after all.  :icon_tongue:

Holy smokes, I just checked out the Warmoth Instagram page, after posting the above. Can it be?!? Am I dreaming?!  :toothy10:

The photo of them all stacked, the third one down (below the chartreuse/lime sparkle) looks a lot like the seafoam sparkle I saw on a Custom Shop Strat demo on YouTube. That's a great color as well.

I'm hoping all of them make it to the flake roster. Variety/choice is good. Saves extra round-tripping to other finishers (or, heaven forbid, an idiot like me attempting it myself).

Most important key elements to make good YouTube video in a studio set up :

1: good lighting, you got ceiling wash light for softer "fill" of light, 2 side key light or profile light, and one back "hight light" light that can move around. that cover general uses.

2: good audio, good mic for the amp, and should be some collar click mic for talking.

3: good CAM and tripods with a good video fluid head ( not in the picture as used for this photo ?)

4: enough space set up props taken things need to be film close to hand, and move CAM around.

5: good background

Should be all covered.

Hehe! Yeah. If you can't ship Rosewood without an act of god, may as well use it to make a beautiful wall  :laughing7:

CITES

Collectively Insane Terms Enabling Shipping.

But good for interior decorating.

double A said:
Cagey said:

Have been into a news desk studio and can confirm that I have walked into larger wardrobes than that! At the time I just assumed it was small because of the modest budget the TV channel had, but others say the same about other news desks...

Back