New Strat Neck

Miseria

Got this goodie today to stick on my MIM Strat.

1.650 width
Clapton back
6105 SS frets
Vintage tuner ream
Roasted flame maple neck/board

I plan on going through really fine sandpaper then doing a tru-oil finish (I know it doesn't need but I did this on my tele neck and loved it - see avatar). Only thing I need to figure out is what to do with the fretboard. Would tru-oil mess up the abalone dots? I figure if the FB needs anything it would be one coat just bring out the gorgeous grain.

Attachments

• IMG-1438.jpg
    IMG-1438.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 297
  • IMG-1441.jpg
    IMG-1441.jpg
    523.9 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG-1440.jpg
    IMG-1440.jpg
    199.5 KB · Views: 273
  • IMG-1439.jpg
    IMG-1439.jpg
    168.6 KB · Views: 243
Sweet.
I will be applying Tru-Oil to the back of my roasted maple neck (fretboard is ebony). I did it on a regular maple neck and it looks like there's no finish at all. Didn't change the color. I don't know if flame maple would be different but I have heard it does slightly change the color. I see no reason why it would mess up the dots, but I have not personally tried that.

Street Avenger said:
Sweet.
I will be applying Tru-Oil to the back of my roasted maple neck (fretboard is ebony). I did it on a regular maple neck and it looks like there's no finish at all. Didn't change the color. I don't know if flame maple would be different but I have heard it does slightly change the color. I see no reason why it would mess up the dots, but I have not personally tried that.

I have roasted maple/rosewood neck that I just burnished and played raw for a while. The neck felt great and smooth but I found it was VERY susceptible to getting little dings or scratches. I ended up doing a tru-oil finish on it to give it some level of protection and was thrilled with how it made the grain/flame pop. Looks 3d almost now and still feels extremely smooth and fast.

Back