Neckdive: does rosewood fb REALLY make a difference?

fu22ba55

I prefer reverse body basses, so I tend to suffer a lot from nosedive...

Especially with warmoth's steel-reinforced necks.

The only warmoth bass neck I have is Maple w/ Ebony fb. Would switching to maple on maple, or rosewood on maple make any difference?

Or, better put... with a MAPLE NECK, is the weight (and tone) differece that noticeable between maple FB and rosewood FB?

I prefer the sound and feel of maple on maple, but If the rosewood is lighter, I'd go that way.

(already have ultralite tuners)

I do not believe that a change in the board would make any difference. At least as far as the weight goes.

rosewood is lighter than ebony... but this is so little wood that were dealing with that the difference is not worth pondering... don't worry about it.

If you are really worried about neck dive, get a body that has good strap placement. Strats and VIPs are my first choice...

Maple and rosewood are both in the 'pretty heavy' category, but maybe not in the 'yikes' category like Wenge or Ebony. Change to ultralight tuners (hipshot or BML), an ounce or two difference at the headstock is worth a lot in terms of balance.

The difference in one or another in the fingerboard is ridiculus... and I mean the original "meaning" of ridiculus :laughing7:

Back