My first new Warmoth neck, going on my Orange Split Stratocaster.

Dazkeirle

Woop, I've had a lot of Warmoth products in the past but always used, because customs and postage to the UK is eye watering.

However I lost sleep over this neck and despite it being a terrible time financially to buy it, I just couldn't let it go.

I have a build project on the go but I'm actually going to pinch the roasted flame maple neck from my Strat for that so this is to go on the Strat.

I'm going to tru oil the back (to is my thing) and use a little bees wax on the zirocote.

Ordered 27th of May for those playing the waiting game.

28r7RjN.jpg

K44rsTA.jpg

haTZJar.jpg

JohnnyHardtail said:
Looks great.  Is this the first neck with a Ziricote Fretboard you have used?

Yes, never actually had Ziricote anything before, just adored it from afar.

As this neck is going on my Orange Strat project I'll continue the build / work-log over on this thread https://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=31700

Likely just to be some tru-oiling, some fret dressing and maybe some fretboard rolling but we'll see. I'm sure there will be some unexpected drama along the way.

Cool neck, but the bees wax isn't needed on the ziricote, it's plenty slick and a very hardwood... :icon_thumright:

Cool thanks for the info.

I gave it a light clean with some lemon oil.

If definitely nourished it just a bit, removing the dryness and looks and feels much better now - I'll leave it natural I think.

Back