Meanwhile, at Warmoth..."Maple Core Custom" limited edition *sets*

Might 5 minutes or less. You're assuming they saw those pieces when you first posted them.

Cagey said:
Might 5 minutes or less. You're assuming they saw those pieces when you first posted them.

True!

When you have the money and see something that you love, it doesn't have to take long to decide.

Are these finishes a lot more expensive than the usual ones?
I think people would like them, you usually get these only in custom shop, so not really affordable.

TheElvis said:
Are these finishes a lot more expensive than the usual ones?
I think people would like them, you usually get these only in custom shop, so not really affordable.

Yes, these are definitely more expensive.

Are you implying that Warmoth isn't a custom shop? Right now, somewhere, Ken Warmoth is having indigestion.  :icon_biggrin:

double A said:
Are you implying that Warmoth isn't a custom shop? Right now, somewhere, Ken Warmoth is having indigestion.  :icon_biggrin:

Haha, somehow I expected that answer. Of course Warmoth is the customost shop of all shop , but I think you know what I mean.
What I'm trying to say is, I think there would be a pretty good market for these finishes. Including me  :icon_biggrin:

Woooowwwwieeeeeee. Dang. I'm pretty sure the wife would give me a very southern "Oh hey yall No"

I tested the water casually and got a very casual no from my better half...

I didn’t show her the price which might have illicited a stronger reaction.

Sounds like the meanest half in the world to me. It's too bad you never get to do nuthin'. If I was you, I'd threaten to hold my breath until I died!

Cagey said:
Sounds like the meanest half in the world to me. It's too bad you never get to do nuthin'. If I was you, I'd threaten to hold my breath until I died!

far from it... she is quite supportive of my addictions hobbies, including the dreaded N+1 effect. I also tested really casually because not 1 but 2 new guitars showed up on our doorstep this week and 3 really would be pushing it.

again these are really slick, I think you guys need to have more examples of stained neck and headstock to remind folks you can match the bodies.

Wow. Not the sort of thing I'd choose for myself, but definitely wow. The vivid colours on the back of the necks are outstanding.

I can see the possibility of Warmoth offering the options of balled fret ends and/or rolled fretboards making some people jump about a bit - has this been done in-house?

Now three sold - nobody here admitting to buying one?

There was one I really liked, but having just ordered some parts a few weeks ago it is not great timing for me. 

And now the second reveal: we have about fifteen more bodies coming down the pike sporting these finishes. A bunch of different body styles, with the off-menu Tropicana Tilt-Fade, Sunset Fade, etc. These ones won't be sets, and won't feature the Maple Core construction. They will be standard Maple tops with the groovy paint.

:headbang1:

double A said:
And now the second reveal: we have about fifteen more bodies coming down the pike sporting these finishes. A bunch of different body styles, with the off-menu Tropicana Tilt-Fade, Sunset Fade, etc. These ones won't be sets, and won't feature the Maple Core construction. They will be standard Maple tops with the groovy paint.

This will be very cool. Glad to see those cool tops aren't just a one-time shot.

double A said:

Was this second reveal planned or did you guys greatly underestimate the demand for these :icon_biggrin:?

exaN said:
Was this second reveal planned or did you guys greatly underestimate the demand for these :icon_biggrin: ?

Oh, it was totally planned.

We knew there would be needs. Needs that had to be addressed.

Back