November 2014 Guitar of the Month Contest Submissions

GOM

We are now announcing the November, 2014 Guitar of the Month contest! November's contest is open to all types of finish again and, as always, requires at least a Warmoth neck or body to qualify.

This is your last chance to qualify for Guitar of the Year as next month will see the return of the runners-up contest.

Please read the GOM rules, which have been refined, with some slight changes, and are posted in a sticky in this forum area.

Submissions must be sent, to uwfgom@gmail.com, and contain two images no greater than 1024x768, along with your description and details of the instrument. Send your submission in plain text email. Your photos must be attachments to the email. Your unOfficialWarmoth Forum user name must be included in the body of the email. In turn, your images will posted to this message, which is November's submission thread.

Submissions will be accepted from now until November 7th, so get your cameras clicking!

As usual, discussion about the submissions can take place below and/or in the voting thread.

Please do not post replies that show additional photos of the entrant's guitars but links to other UnofficialWarmoth threads or external sites are fine. Links will not be included in the entry descriptions.

Good luck, and may the best guitar/bass win!

Guitar #1 by Verne Bunsen

Poppy's Birthday-caster:

Warmoth Telecaster body
Indian Rosewood with a thin Maple veneer in the center
Gloss finish applied by Warmoth
Marc Rutters Vintage Bridge and Broadcaster Saddles
Handwound Telecaster Pickups, wound by yours truly
4-Way switching: Bridge / Bridge + Neck Parallel / Neck / Bridge + Neck Series
Electro-socket jack cup
Custom Pickguard by Terrapin Guitars

Warmoth Vintage Modern Telecaster Neck
Indian Rosewood shaft and fingerboard
10-16" Compound radius
'59 Roundback contour
Schaller/Fender locking tuners
Custom "Poppy" headstock decal by J. Bennet
("Poppy" is my son's name for my dad)
Unfinished, save for the headstock to which I applied a clear shellac for the decal application.

Vfxgbib.jpg

KFZezf4.jpg

Guitar #2 by DMRACO

Custom alder body

Warmoth 12 string neck with custom headstock.  Maple and rosewood.

Gibson '59 pickups.

Custom paint by DMRACO

8iSpgTv.jpg

0knLu2v.jpg

Guitar #3 by Bottoms Up

Warmoth P body in Tangerine Pearl
Hammon Darkstar DS-3
2Tek bridge
Santellan Sounds Dual Tone Harness
Dunlop Straploks
Warmoth Righty-Reverse Tele Neck
Matching Tangerine Pearl headstock
Slim Taper profile
Graphite stiffening rods
Maple shaft/ebony board
Black Mother of pearl inlays
Graphtech TUSQ XL nut
Hipshot 3-string retainer
Hipshot Ultralite HB6C-1/2 tuners - all chrome

zbXMr06.jpg

5WZl7SY.jpg

Guitar #4 by JoshHPMusic

Body: Warmoth Stratocaster
-Chambered mahogany core - Trans Blue rear finish
-Flame maple top - Unique choice #LT1437 - Blue dye finish
-Swimming pool/bathtub pickup rout (P90s) (Fully copper shielded)
-F-hole!
-Recessed Wilkinson VS100 trem, floating
-Contoured heel w/ "Custom, limited edition, 001" awesome neck plate
-Battery box (Not currently in use)
-Tremol-no system installed, cut-out in vintage 6-hole B/W/B trem cover

Pickguard:
-B/W/B Strat pickguard - 3 P90 routs, DeLonge volume pos. (Copper shielded)
-3 Custom-wound Roadhouse P90's (Neck is a P80) (Middle is RWRP)
-500k tone pots, Roadhouse capacitor
-Push-push volume pot - Activates neck pickup with whatever else is activated
-Standard 5 way switch
-Gibson Top Hat/Metal Insert knobs w/ knob pointers
-Switchcraft output jack w/ chrome Strat output jack plate

Neck: 9.5"-12" Compound Radius Strat neck - Mighty Mite w/...
-Full MIRROR SHINE fret job!
-Hard rock maple, w/ Rosewood fretboard
-Medium jumbo frets, compound radius
-Custom tinted satin Nitrocellulose finish on rear
-Black gloss Nitrocellulose finish on Headstock face
-Satin silver "Fender Stratocaster" decal on headstock face
-GraphTech TUSQ XL nut
-Sperzel satin silver Staggered Locking tuners
-NO string trees!

VgvhDel.jpg

NqlhsBP.jpg

Guitar #5 by Mayfly

Warmoth Alder JazzMaster body with strat routing.
Warmoth maple / rosewood 12 string neck with '59 neck profile and 'gumby' headstock
Sperzel ultralight locking tuners, with alternating black and white pearloid knobs (black for the lower strings, white for the octaves don't cha know)
Gotoh 12 string bridge
Genuine fender XII string tree.
Kent armstrong lipstick pickups
Custom wiring with special funky tone circuit for that 12 string chime.
custom pickguard
custom modified SKB hard case

Hand painted finish, with flowers and vines over a black background.  The finish is acrylic paint covered by acrylic clear coat.  (I painted the black background and the clear coat.  My bass player painted the flowers and vines).

JTDH6oT.jpg

lm3iiM9.jpg

Guitar #6 by line6man

Homemade scratch built body, consisting of a Curly Black Walnut solidbody core, 3/8" Figured Pomelle Bubinga laminate top, and 1/8" Curly Maple accent line. Stratocaster style shape, with HSH pickup routing, recessed Schaller Floyd, one volume, one tone, and two pickup selector switches. Black hardware, including a custom neckplate by DangerousR6. The control cavity cover matches the lam top and accent line.

Warmoth Indian Rosewood neck with Macassar Ebony fretboard. Stratocaster headstock, SS6150 frets, no inlay, standard thin contour, Floyd nut and Schaller tuners.

bXscJtm.jpg

S7YxxQm.jpg

Guitar #7 by mrpinter

Warmoth 7/8 S body,
Swamp ash
Black-brown-yellow burst finish by Warmoth
Bartolini Strat pickups
Gotoh Wilkinson Tremolo VS100 bridge

Warmoth 7/8 neck with gloss finish
Standard thin
Compound radius 10”-16"
Maple with Indian Rosewood fingerboard
Stainless 6115 jumbo frets
Gotoh SG38 tuning machines

Qh9dFYy.jpg

XRlhWr6.jpg

Guitar #8 by Great Ape

Solid mahogany body, hand carved, dyed, & finished
Mahogany neck, ebony fingerboard, '59 roundback, 6150 frets, Gotoh tuners
Duncan 'custom' p-ups in neck & middle, Duncan p-90 in bridge
Gotoh vintage hardtail bridge, single volume control, Qparts knob

fq9lFSw.jpg

xu55TSB.jpg

Guitar #9 by B3Guy

This is a Warmoth chambered swamp ash body in black/red/yellow burst, and a Warmoth Pro pau-ferro/pau-ferro neck in SRV back profile with mother-of-pearl dots and stainless steel frets.

The pickguard is from Spitfire Vintage, the tuners are Schaller mini locks, and the tremolo is a recessed Wilkinson.

The pickups are Seymour Duncan P-Rails, and each has its own 5-way chickenhead rotary switch. The options are: OFF/Humbucker/P90/Parallel/Rail

The stacked knobs nearest the strings control Volume and an Eric Clapton Mid Boost Circuit, respectively. The small knob furthest from the strings is a TBX tone control.

9JZhxIT.jpg

fl3fb25.jpg

Twelve strings for the jangly kings, on their Dias vinyl. Four for the thunderous lords, wrought with deft precision.

oK, that's about all I'm good for on the spur of the moment. I'm no Tolkien. (Ain't Tolkien bout Love? Thank you falettin me be myce elf?)

swarfrat said:
Twelve strings for the jangly kings, on their Dias vinyl. Four for the thunderous lords, wrought with deft precision.

oK, that's about all I'm good for on the spur of the moment. I'm no Tolkien. (Ain't Tolkien bout Love? Thank you falettin me be myce elf?)

I thought you were quoting Dethklok

Who? No. I love Tolkien. But a lot of authors, movie makers and other artists read him and said "OK. Dragons, wizards, elves. Got it" And very very few of them did. Mr Jackson included. Its more like the Iliiad with a fantabulous amount of back story and cohesiveness.

But back to cool guitars, of course (hah hah. Sly one there. Get it? Of course)

You're not kidding, everything up there is 100% drool worthy! A right impressive gathering of guitars.

Entries from line6man and mrpinter bring us up to 7. Looks like being a great contest this month. Still room for more!

B3Guy makes it 9 entries!

The time for entries is almost at an end so if you're leaving it until the last minute, we're getting there!

Remember, this is your last chance to qualify for the 2014 Guitar of the Year Contest as next month will be the 2014 Runners Up Contest.

Back