Meanwhile, at Warmoth: The Working Man Tribute Special Run!

Watched the video finally. The trim level isn't really my thing but ... that body construction gives me an idea if I ever want to do a Jeff Carlisi inspired guitar. (DiMarzio SD on a maple stick with basswood wings. I SURE ain't lugging a MAPLE EXPLORER around)

AirCap said:
pssst... It's all about the song 'working man blues' and the guy who sang it...

Oh, I caught that..... but Merle played a plain old everyday Tele. Nothing fancy, and you can't say that thing ain't fancy with that engraved gold hardware. This is a showpiece, not a tribute.

I dunno.  If it were me I'd check my info before I posted something on a public forum stating something as fact.  We can ALL learn a thing or two no matter how much experience we've had in our neck of the woods.  Just sayn'.

Merle-WEB-photo-by-Chris-Kies.jpg

Thank you for the explanation for a clueless whippersnapper. I was wracking my brains for someone who'd died recently and played a tele that looked like that.

You can own a Fender Custom Shop Tuff Dog Tele for a small fee of $5,000.00 to $6,000.00 dollars. I'd say the Warmoth Working Man Tribute was a good idea!  Nice one.

Cyrus Gold said:
What was the cost on the body? #savingup!

They were all in the $700 range, give or take depending on the lam top.

Tip: if you really want one, make sure you're paying attention Thanksgiving week.

Back