Machine Screw Neck Inserts

I would love if Warmoth would offer installation of the threaded machine screw inserts on their necks.  I do take apart and reassemble my guitars pretty often and feel that this would help prevent the issue of stripping wood screw threads in wood over time.  Regardless, I’m still extremely happy with my Warmoth necks.  😁

I put them in 99.9% my and my customer's necks. It's a fast/easy/good/inexpensive method of attachment, so why not?

Inserts are great and I put them in all mine. It would be nice to see W offer that but would they sell enough of them to warrant setting up a devoted station, and a paid employee, in the neck department just for that? The steps would be something like this: 1) put the neck in a fixture and drill the holes to 1/4", 2) move the fixture and counter sink them slightly, 3) move it again and tap the holes (to 5/16-18 for machine screws or 5/16-16 for wood inserts) and 4) move again and install the inserts, with the appropriate adhesive, if needed (this depends on the inserts used). I would think that would require a sizeable investment in equipment and initial setup. How much would you pay extra to have them do that? From a business point of view, this probably wouldn't be worth it.

Pretty sure they're going to start offering this soon...

because I just bought a drill press.

I keep waiting for Aaron to chime in on this thread and say that this is being added for 2020!

Back