LP '08

Kostas

This is my third Warmoth and most days my favorite... :toothy12:  It started as a showcase body and took ten months to finish in October 2008. The body is mid weight and the neck heel is more comfortable than a Gibson LP. Although it's being chambered and the scale is 25/1.2 the sound is pure LP. The pickups were expensive but the sound is really great. I have two push-push tone controls, first one it's out of phase for the two pickups and the second splits both pickups. They split very very well. It can do easily the hard rock heavy thing and cleans amazingly good when the pickups are splitted.

Body is Mahogany-Flame Maple (one piece!) Bengal Burst top with Transparent Amber back finish
Neck is Wenge with Kingwood, SS6105, gold trapezoids.
Bridge & tuners from Gotoh
Pots & capacitors from RS Guitarworks

Special thanks to Doug for the great plate and service :icon_thumright:

The color is hard to photograph, changes with light and angle. Here's the Warmoth pics

Wow, another great LP!  That one-piece top is incredible Kostas.  I've never seen a one-piece top with that sort of even, symmetrical figure.  Awesome work!  :party07:

A bit too gaudy for my tastes, but it's consequently gaudy  :laughing7: If you're happy then that's what counts!

Pickups: check the signature, "Warmoth LP '08 (WCR Godwoods)".

:eek:ccasion14:

The bengal burst looks SO much better in your real life photos than in the Warmoth photos!

I am not a fan of those inlays, but it fits the build nicely.

And the Bengal Burst club grows yet again.  Nice looking build Kostas.  The Bengal burst is exceptionally difficult to photograph, but it looks its best in sunlight.  That said, it takes on a nice tobacco burst like finish under incandescent light at night. :hello2:

dbw said:
Wow, another great LP!  That one-piece top is incredible Kostas.  I've never seen a one-piece top with that sort of even, symmetrical figure.  Awesome work!   :party07:
I'm very picky when it comes to symmetry in figure tops. One piece top solves the problem, there's no matching involved! They are rare and expensive though, I don't think I'll pay so much money again.
I forgot to mention... the mahogany back is one piece too :icon_thumright:

kboman said:
A bit too gaudy for my tastes, but it's consequently gaudy  :laughing7: If you're happy then that's what counts!
More than happy and I wish i t was more gaudy... :icon_smile: Looks traditional to me.

As far as the pickups http://www.wcrguitar.com/godwood.html they are expensive but they sound reeeally good. Their service is excellent, Jim must be online 24/7! He was replying to my emails in an hour, lots of emails...

Sweet!  :icon_thumright:  I honestly usually don't like bengal burst but I love this thing.  Also cool how you had black hardware on the body and gold tuners

I like the fact you went with the zebra pickups.  Enen with the beautiful woods and colors it gives it some "Slash" bad-ass-ness.

Tempest said:
Sweet!  :icon_thumright:  I honestly usually don't like bengal burst but I love this thing.  Also cool how you had black hardware on the body and gold tuners
Thanks, three things I don't like: Single coil rings, black vintage tremolos and black keys in non pointy guitars. Also the wenge headstock is too dark for black keys.

taez555 said:
I like the fact you went with the zebra pickups.  Enen with the beautiful woods and colors it gives it some "Slash" bad-ass-ness.
It was either covered pickups or zebra and since I never had zebra pickups it was an easy choice. I even thought of wood rings but in the end I kept it traditional and I'm very pleased with the results.

Back