That bigsby one...  :eek:
1953GIBSONES-295Sunburst.jpg

58GibsonLPgt.jpg

1964GibsonHUMMINGBIRD.jpg

61345__0808.jpg

1953_Gibson_ES-295_A15767.jpg

1952J200.jpg

1967GibsonMelodyMaker.jpg

I like the Fenders too, but they're not as beautiful as vintage Gibbies, IMO.

196xFenderJaguar.jpg

f189_3.jpg

1963FenderJazzmaster.jpg

Photo2_9c8e0-Original.jpg

1952BlackguardFenderTelecaster.jpg

PICT6709.jpg

1966FenderCustomTelecaster2.jpg

56fenderstratSB.jpg

1961FenderStratocasterrefin.jpg

TeleFrontPageSMALL.jpg

196xJazzBass.jpg

1958FenderPrecisionBass.jpg

Guess I'll toss mine in here:

Guitar%20pics%20017.jpg

1957 Gibson Les Paul Special, 1957 Fender 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. My dad bought both new for $125 in 1957.

And yes, I still have the original wrap over bridge, for those guitar purist out there.  :icon_thumright:

Death by Uberschall said:

Guitar%20pics%20017.jpg

1957 Gibson Les Paul Special, 1957 Fender 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. My dad bought both new for $125 in 1957.

And yes, I still have the original wrap over bridge, for those guitar purist out there.  :icon_thumright:
That's pretty sweet, I wish my dad had been interested in the guitar when he was younger back in the 50's. Then I might have had a family heirloom too.... :icon_thumright:

Guitar%20pics%20017.jpg

I think I'm in love...

ErogenousJones said:

Guitar%20pics%20017.jpg

I think I'm in love...

Please send pics and stats. If you are a dude, sorry, I don't swing that way!!  :icon_jokercolor: :toothy12: :icon_jokercolor:

I think these are my fav's. Just something about a LP and a Bigsby that just looks right.... :icon_thumright:
58GibsonLPgt.jpg

lespaulSTDs.jpg

Depends when the modification took place. If it happened recently, okay you are right that is silly. But if it happened way back when.... well, that's like my guitars! Even my store-bought "off the wall" guitars are very very far from 'stock' at this point. Maybe in 50 years, I will have killed great vintage instruments. Whatever. My guitar!

And for the record, I like the vintage gibbys, but it is the old fenders that really get me going. To each his own.

Damn dude, why didn't my dad buy any Gibsons back in '57?  (Probably because he was 6 years old and living behind the Iron Curtain at the time.  :p)

dbw said:
Damn dude, why didn't my dad buy any Gibsons back in '57?  (Probably because he was 6 years old and living behind the Iron Curtain at the time.  :p)
Well my dad wasn't 6 in 57, he was 11. So that probably explains why he wasn't buying guitars, plus my dad hasn't a musical bone in his body. He couldn't carry a tune in a bag, for that matter neither could my mother. So I have no idea where I get my musical abilities from.. :dontknow:

Best thing I got from my dad is his 74 SG he got new in 74......He traded a 69 paisley tele for it....guess can't be bummed to get free stuff but damn I would much rather of had the tele!!!!

nice guitars!!!

this is a pic of my band mate Bob playing his 58 335. He tells me that he bought it in 1970 for about $200. the bakalite tuners desintegrated so he had to change them out and one night we were playing one of the pearl dots popped out. He doesnt gig this guitar out anymore because of it's value, only plays it at home and our garage on band night.

Brian

The gold top LP with bigsby doesnt look old at all. look at the hardware...no ware at all. new plastics, new paint?

Brian

Back