Lots o' vintage guitars

stormbringer said:
1960LPMINT.jpg

Diggin' this...

Jeez, talk about "mint condish."  The paper isn't even yellowed...

Also I believe that price tag says $400.  SOLD!  :toothy12:

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
I am loving that LP with the double F holes, and the Tremed up SG too.
Those aren't LP's. They're ES-295's ;)

And tremmed SG's always look nice to me.

Death by Uberschall said:
Guess I'll toss mine in here:

Guitar%20pics%20017.jpg

1957 Gibson Les Paul Special, 1957 Fender 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. My dad bought both new for $125 in 1957.

And yes, I still have the original wrap over bridge, for those guitar purist out there.  :icon_thumright:

Uh... yea..... nice..... but I'm really digging the solid flame Cali's in the background.... being an old Hamer fan myself have owned many.... still in my opinion the best "off the rack" guitars...

I know I’ve posted it before but it fits well in this thread.  Here is my 1959 Gibson ES 350 T.  The PAF pickups in this guitar are incredible!!!!!!  Great thread Max and beautiful guitars!  The flame top Les Paul’s are great and the mint one is probably the cleanest example I have ever seen.  What a guitar.

IMG_2322.jpg

Tonar: HELL YES

You wouldn't be so kind as to post a clip of that baby, would you  :-\  I am such a sucker for 'bursted hollowbodies.

I remember that guitar, Greg!
It is beautiful, and I bet it does sound great. Looks huge, though :p

And I need to check out Uncle Spot amps again.

RobR said:
Death by Uberschall said:
Guess I'll toss mine in here:

Guitar%20pics%20017.jpg

1957 Gibson Les Paul Special, 1957 Fender 5E3 Tweed Deluxe. My dad bought both new for $125 in 1957.

And yes, I still have the original wrap over bridge, for those guitar purist out there.  :icon_thumright:

Uh... yea..... nice..... but I'm really digging the solid flame Cali's in the background.... being an old Hamer fan myself have owned many.... still in my opinion the best "off the rack" guitars...

I agree, they are the best "off the rack" guitars I've ever played. The Aztec Gold one is set up at 3/32 off the twelfth fret, the Amber one is 2/32 off the twelfth fret and no buzzing on either of them!!!!  :headbang1:

RobR said:
Hey DBU.... shouldn't you be unpacking something right about now?
The Warmoth hint fairy strikes again!

Oh,
66fenderJazzBassBLACK.jpg

I love the color on that Jazz bass. Same color I want that SG in. Charcoal Frost.
b8a8_3.jpg

Not the coolest picture of a EB-0, but oh, well.
8741.jpg

Those old Epis have vibe, IMO.

Here's a few more for you.
zebralp.jpg

BurstES5.jpg

P7260145.jpg

100_10532-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l248/tonar8353/1952BlackguardFenderTelecaster.jpg
fender_tele_geo_3.jpg

Fender1953nacho_3.jpg

1967Tele.jpg

JayRosenTele1953.jpg

RoryGallagerStrat.jpg

3568_12-1.jpg

http://i98.photobucket.com/albums/l248/tonar8353/untitled-1.jpg
vintagestrats.jpg

59_strat-1_3.jpg

59FiestaRedFront.jpg

Fender1956StratSB_1.jpg

4burststrats.jpg

55P20002.jpg

untitled-1.jpg

87e1_3.jpg

Blue313 said:
Nice thread Max.  So many killer guitars, I don't know where to start!

I do.  I'd take that Les Paul over all the others in a second.  What is it, a '58?

Max said:

I love almost everything about this guitar.

It's a shame Warmoth doesn't do "Old" Lake Placid Blue, I have a Japanese strat in this color... I still think it's the best finish Fender ever made.

jay4321 said:
Max said:

I love almost everything about this guitar.

It's a shame Warmoth doesn't do "Old" Lake Placid Blue, I have a Japanese strat in this color... I still think it's the best finish Fender ever made.
Well, it's a strange finish. I think it's the lake placid blue, plus aging in the lacquer. I've seen some green finishes that really yellowed into one of the best blues I've seen.

Xplorervoodoo said:
That's what I'm talkin' about!  Nice finds Max
Yup. 3 of the very few actual '58 explorers. Anybody got some more pics?

Back