Let's See Those Acoustics!

Death by Uberschall said:
My Ovation,..... it's on FIRE!!!!  :evil4:

Guitar%2520pics%2520009.jpg

That's not my cup o' tea, but it's a really unique guitar!  :icon_thumright: I've never seen an ovation like that... Plus, it's rare to see acoustics without inlays. Is it a custom?

SolomonHelsing said:
Dang it, all these acoustics are making me want a Michael Kelly 4/5 string dragonfly acoustic again.
tn1_29586.jpg

Bloody  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Maybe in a few months I'll post in here with pictures of my own one.
I probably don't need a acoustic bass. But If I meet any good female singers (Girlfriend might be I just haven't heard her sing yet) Then damn it i want to do a acoustic version of Black Velvet by Allanah Myles sometime, Possibly just bass and vocals If i can get away with it  :toothy12:.

I had a Michael Kelley Dragonfly Mandolin once. It was beautiful to look at, but the sounds and playability were less than impressive. It had a very dead sound, and for a mandolin, that's a problem. They make beautiful stuff, though, and I've heard good things from other people. Maybe I just got a bad one.

mrpinter said:
First: one that I sold - a Don Musser classical steel string:

Musserfrontmed.jpg

Musserdetailfrontmed2sm.jpg

Next: my current acoustic - a John David Scott custom OM:

JDSguitarlivingroomshot.jpg

jdsguitaronspread1.jpg

I've never heard of Don Musser or John David Scott, but  :eek: :blob7: :toothy10: :hello2:

TBurst Std said:
It has to be a family pic for now

A Goodall Concert Jumbo 6 string and an Ovation 12 string

P1000924.jpg

That Goodall looks great! Is that a spruce top? The grain looks slightly different to me for some reason.  :dontknow:

greywolf said:
my main acoustic , a '84Taylor 612C , the book match is very good

That is some very nice book matching. I loved my 614ce, but the sound just wasn't bassy enough for me.

greywolf said:
The others  L-R 76 Takamine C-128  '10 Taylor 856ce 12 string, '84 Taylor 612C, old Dobro I've had for 25 years

I'm totally jealous of your 856! I'd LOVE to have a 12-string Taylor to go along with my 716.

Tonar8353 said:
The Alvarez is the only guitar I own that I feel is truly irreplaceable. I bought it in 1978 and you can tell from the real players ware (no fake relic on this one) that it has spent a few hours in my hands. The L.R. Baggs is after market and at the time it was put in was considered the best acoustic amplification system. 

The Taylor I could live with out but it is pretty.

IMG_9049_zpse8ff7b09.jpg

IMG_9037_zps262b1a2b.jpg

IMG_9038_zpsd49c480b.jpg

IMG_9040_zps417e8b31.jpg

IMG_9047_zps44b7131a.jpg

IMG_9042_zpsf3c03db7.jpg

Niiiice! I love seeing the finish on the back of the neck worn down like that. And that Taylor is gorgeous! Was that one of their fall/spring limiteds? What is is exactly?

SlartiBartfast said:
Death by Uberschall said:
My Ovation,..... it's on FIRE!!!!  :evil4:

Guitar%2520pics%2520009.jpg

That's not my cup o' tea, but it's a really unique guitar!  :icon_thumright: I've never seen an ovation like that... Plus, it's rare to see acoustics without inlays. Is it a custom?

It was a special edition Ovation did for Guitar Center, only one I've ever seen like it. Plays well. Definately a unique look.  :evil4:

SlartiBartfast said:
I've never heard of Don Musser or John David Scott, but  :eek: :blob7: :toothy10: :hello2:

Don Musser is a small but very influential luthier. He also is a broker of exotic woods to other luthiers. The man behind John David Scott is David Amirault, who builds his guitars in his shop near Vancouver, B.C. He got started and learned his trade with Larivee. Both are low volume builders who just get it right.

This was my first guitar, and still my favorite acoustic. She is the DOG (Dirty Old Gibson), a 1963 LG-O all mahogany, rosewood fretboard, 5 digit serial number beauty. She sounds gritty and aged. This guitar lives on the wall next to my chair where I can get to her while relaxing.

Attachments

• DOG front Small.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 339
  • DOG back small.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 329
  • DOG small.jpg
    63.3 KB · Views: 307
SlartiBartfast said:
greywolf said:
my main acoustic , a '84Taylor 612C , the book match is very good

That is some very nice book matching. I loved my 614ce, but the sound just wasn't bassy enough for me.
Wow. I agree there!  :kewlpics:

SlartiBartfast said:
greywolf said:
The others  L-R 76 Takamine C-128  '10 Taylor 856ce 12 string, '84 Taylor 612C, old Dobro I've had for 25 years

I'm totally jealous of your 856! I'd LOVE to have a 12-string Taylor to go along with my 716.

I  searched for 25 years to find the perfect 12 , as I play fingerstyle primarily .  The Taylor fit the bill quite well.  I almost went for the Koa one , but couldn't justify the cost.

Had a Guild JF-4 in college, which I sold for rent/textbooks or something I sure hope was worthwhile. Last of the mid-range US built, Non-Fender Guilds jumbos. Some day, I will once again have an acoustic, it'll be a jumbo.

12 x 10 x18. What a winning hand.

Back