Let's See Those Acoustics!

My Ovation,..... it's on FIRE!!!!  :evil4:

Guitar%2520pics%2520009.jpg

LushTone said:
@DangerousR6
The idea of that Fender acoustic body (albeit small) with a Warmoth neck seems awesome!

Here's my acoustic baby:
Breedlove ad/sm20
- solid Sitka top
- solid mahogany back, lam sides
- mahogany neck with rosewood board
- abalone dots
- bone nut and saddle installed by Mike Lull
- Korean made

What sold me on this guitar was the quality for the price and especially the truss rod support that Breedlove uses. I've seen the best of acoustics have warped tops as new, in the shop guitars. The traditional bracing system is a flawed design IMO.

That's awesome! Breedlove makes outstanding instruments, and like you said, what you get for the price is incredible.

Unrelated, but you should watch this dude own a hip-hop cover with a Breedlove that looks an awful lot like yours. I think his guitar must be open-tuned to OMGWTF  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKupfayqB00

DangerousR6 said:
I got 3 sorta, a Kramer Ferrington, a Fender Stratocoustic with a Warmoth neck, and a Kramer doubleneck with acoustic upper...
2591403523_92ef810f8e_z.jpg

Nice family photo, Doug!  :icon_thumright:

Dang it, all these acoustics are making me want a Michael Kelly 4/5 string dragonfly acoustic again.
tn1_29586.jpg

Bloody  :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:
Maybe in a few months I'll post in here with pictures of my own one.
I probably don't need a acoustic bass. But If I meet any good female singers (Girlfriend might be I just haven't heard her sing yet) Then damn it i want to do a acoustic version of Black Velvet by Allanah Myles sometime, Possibly just bass and vocals If i can get away with it  :toothy12:.

First: one that I sold - a Don Musser classical steel string:

Musserfrontmed.jpg

Musserdetailfrontmed2sm.jpg

Next: my current acoustic - a John David Scott custom OM:

JDSguitarlivingroomshot.jpg

jdsguitaronspread1.jpg

There is so much win in this thread.  I love Breedloves, they are amazing.  I might get a Breedlove nylon string at some point. 

Has anyone here tried one of these kits?  I want to make one! http://www.lmii.com/CartTwo/thirdproducts.asp?CategoryName=++Instrument+Kits&NameProdHeader=Steel+String+Guitar+Kits#MoreInfo

LushTone said:
@DangerousR6
The idea of that Fender acoustic body (albeit small) with a Warmoth neck seems awesome!

Here's my acoustic baby:
Breedlove ad/sm20
- solid Sitka top
- solid mahogany back, lam sides
- mahogany neck with rosewood board
- abalone dots
- bone nut and saddle installed by Mike Lull
- Korean made

What sold me on this guitar was the quality for the price and especially the truss rod support that Breedlove uses. I've seen the best of acoustics have warped tops as new, in the shop guitars. The traditional bracing system is a flawed design IMO.
It is awesome, turned a $200 guitar, that played like a $200 guitar, into a damn nice acoustic..

SlartiBartfast said:
DangerousR6 said:
I got 3 sorta, a Kramer Ferrington, a Fender Stratocoustic with a Warmoth neck, and a Kramer doubleneck with acoustic upper...
2591403523_92ef810f8e_z.jpg

Nice family photo, Doug!  :icon_thumright:
Thanks, that's just a portion of my children... :icon_biggrin:

hannaugh said:
Has anyone here tried one of these kits?  I want to make one! http://www.lmii.com/CartTwo/thirdproducts.asp?CategoryName=++Instrument+Kits&NameProdHeader=Steel+String+Guitar+Kits#MoreInfo

There was a build thread on one of those here a couple years ago you might want to review.

Dunno. I just went through all his posts, and while he built a number of Warmoth electrics, there's never any mention of the acoustic again. Hasn't been here since the middle of last year, either.

SlartiBartfast said:
toronado said:
My Martin Custom Dreadnought:

sw5x95.jpg

This guitar is getting better and better.

That's awesome! What are the back/sides made of? And what does a custom Martin cost a person, just out of curiosity?

Back and sides are solid east indian rosewood. The top is sitka, neck is mahogany.
This guitar wasn't a custom order by me, but from a shop here to celebrate their 30th birthday.
They ordered 7 of these and 7 OM body styles. Wasn't that expensive. Just a bit more than your standard d28/d35.

Mines nothing special  :toothy11:
Just a Takamine D series acoustic / electric. Does the job thou.

Oh and BTW that heap of crap to the far right is well and truly gone.  :icon_thumright:

file_zps3073f6dd.jpg

hannaugh said:
Is that a robot?
You mean, was that one of those Dark Fire's ?

I'm embarrassed to say Yes.
Had it for about 1 1/2 years, traded it in from where I bought it and didn't lose to much on it.
That was the guitar that got me into using Roland GK-3's.
But that DF sounded crap  :tard:  though the VG-99 & GR-55.
Plus I felt like I was gunna brake something when ever I played it.

Hence my I built my own Warmoth GK-3 guitars.  :icon_biggrin:

SlartiBartfast said:
That's awesome! Breedlove makes outstanding instruments, and like you said, what you get for the price is incredible.

Unrelated, but you should watch this dude own a hip-hop cover with a Breedlove that looks an awful lot like yours. I think his guitar must be open-tuned to OMGWTF  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TKupfayqB00
Agreed about Breedlove! They are my favorite acoustic right now.

And that dude's good! Thanks for sharing. If you want to hear some more amazing acoustic guitar, I've been enjoying Tommy Emmanuel and Joe Robinson. Veryy good too.

my main acoustic , a '84Taylor 612C , the book match is very good

Attachments

• 2012-11-29_13-18-04_648.jpg
    138.3 KB · Views: 255
The others  L-R 76 Takamine C-128  '10 Taylor 856ce 12 string, '84 Taylor 612C, old Dobro I've had for 25 years

Attachments

• 745.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 244
The Alvarez is the only guitar I own that I feel is truly irreplaceable. I bought it in 1978 and you can tell from the real players ware (no fake relic on this one) that it has spent a few hours in my hands. The L.R. Baggs is after market and at the time it was put in was considered the best acoustic amplification system. 

The Taylor I could live with out but it is pretty.

IMG_9049_zpse8ff7b09.jpg

IMG_9037_zps262b1a2b.jpg

IMG_9038_zpsd49c480b.jpg

IMG_9040_zps417e8b31.jpg

IMG_9047_zps44b7131a.jpg

IMG_9042_zpsf3c03db7.jpg

Back