Krank n stein

DangerousR6 said:
NonsenseTele said:
Looks good! Will you keep the mismatched pickups?
I'm not sure yet Fernando, it's kinda growing on me.... :dontknow:

keep them! my wolfgang had mismatching pickups (one neck black / creme and one bridge all creme) and i wasn't sure at first. but the longer i had it the more i loved it. it just looks very grungy. it's a working-man's guitar.  :icon_biggrin:

JaySwear said:
DangerousR6 said:
NonsenseTele said:
Looks good! Will you keep the mismatched pickups?
I'm not sure yet Fernando, it's kinda growing on me.... :dontknow:

keep them! my wolfgang had mismatching pickups (one neck black / creme and one bridge all creme) and i wasn't sure at first. but the longer i had it the more i loved it. it just looks very grungy. it's a working-man's guitar.  :icon_biggrin:
Ya, I kind a like it. But I'll reserve my decision until the other creme one gets here. but the mismatched stuff would give it that sort of "Frankenstein" vibe.... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
Orpheo said:
I find it so scary when people show off their guns. don't know why.
It's because you live in Australia, and your gov't has brainwashed the people to giving up their rights. That won't happen over here...

And moreover it's usually the people that you don't know that have guns that should scare you more....

Agreed.  I'm not a gun nut by any means, but I own that Glock, a shotgun and a Revolutionary War musket.  It served under General Lafayette to quite literally win our freedom, and it hangs over my door as a promise to anyone who might try to take my liberty from me.  It will absolutely be the first thing fired in defense of my home.  It might not kill, but that chunk of lead and cloud of smoke will make my point.  I know that's geeky as all fook, but oh well.

-Mark

my uncle does civil war reenactments, and muskets are so damn powerful you could put fire a blank and knock somebody over / possibly kill them! the reason why reenactors always aim them way too high in the air.

i once overheard a man at one of these reenactments tell his kid that "they point them so high in the air because the bullet arcs so much!"

people.  :laughing11:

DangerousR6 said:
Orpheo said:
It's because you live in Australia, and your gov't has brainwashed the people to giving up their rights. That won't happen over here...

And moreover it's usually the people that you don't know that have guns that should scare you more....

wow, since when did I move to australia? :D would be kinda cool, but no... I'm dutch, just like Marko (and I live there too!  :laughing7: )

Orpheo said:
DangerousR6 said:
Orpheo said:

wow, since when did I move to australia? :D would be kinda cool, but no... I'm dutch, just like Marko (and I live there too!  :laughing7: )
Ooooops, my bad. Must have had someone else on the brain.... :icon_biggrin:

DocNrock said:
That is really coming together well.  Love the ziricote fingerboard! 
thanks Brent, I too love the fretboard, it's probably the best of the 3 ziricote I have.... :icon_biggrin:

JaySwear said:
and to WojTheElder: yes! a UH-1H Huey  :icon_biggrin:  it was the luck of google (i just typed "lots of switches") but they're really cool aircraft, and that was a great guess. are you a pilot?

Jay, I only have a few hours in single-engine, fixed-wing aircraft. I noted the NVG panel (assumed it to be "night vision goggles") along with a few other environmental switches coupled with the fact that the panel was pretty darn old, and was actually thinking along the lines of a UH-1.  But there was certainly some guessing going on there too!

Doug, I'm going to put a vote in for mismatched pickups ... I think they actually look classy ... and enhance the project's theme.

AprioriMark said:
... a Revolutionary War musket.  It served under General Lafayette to quite literally win our freedom, and it hangs over my door as a promise to anyone who might try to take my liberty from me...

Beautiful

WojTheElder said:
JaySwear said:
and to WojTheElder: yes! a UH-1H Huey  :icon_biggrin:  it was the luck of google (i just typed "lots of switches") but they're really cool aircraft, and that was a great guess. are you a pilot?

Jay, I only have a few hours in single-engine, fixed-wing aircraft. I noted the NVG panel (assumed it to be "night vision goggles") along with a few other environmental switches coupled with the fact that the panel was pretty darn old, and was actually thinking along the lines of a UH-1.  But there was certainly some guessing going on there too!

Doug, I'm going to put a vote in for mismatched pickups ... I think they actually look classy ... and enhance the project's theme.
I may go ahead and try it for a bit and see how I like it..... :icon_thumright:

Well, got Kranky all strung up and everything mounted and set up. Now I just have to do the wiring and Krank-n-Stein will be done... :headbang1:

looks great! what are the pickups? i read through but didn't see anything... by the pole pieces they look like dimarzio super d's or super 2's. anyway i just want to know if the bridge is a dimarzio creme. i think thats what i'm going for on my VIP, but a good representation of the creme color is really hard to find!

JaySwear said:
looks great! what are the pickups? i read through but didn't see anything... by the pole pieces they look like dimarzio super d's or super 2's. anyway i just want to know if the bridge is a dimarzio creme. i think thats what i'm going for on my VIP, but a good representation of the creme color is really hard to find!
The pup's are Dimarzio D-Activators, same ones that John 5 uses...

rockskate4x said:
Looking great! Tell us how it sounds
I haven't wired it up yet, I'm still waiting on 2 of my pots to show up. The one in it now are for another guitar and are a different value than what I'm going to use. I'm waiting on some 1 meg pots to come in, never used 1 meg's before so I thought I'd give them a try... :icon_biggrin:

DangerousR6 said:
rockskate4x said:
I haven't wired it up yet, I'm still waiting on 2 of my pots to show up. The one in it now are for another guitar and are a different value than what I'm going to use. I'm waiting on some 1 meg pots to come in, never used 1 meg's before so I thought I'd give them a try... :icon_biggrin:

Hey Doug,

Anxious to hear how those 1 meg pots works out.  Should be interesting...    :icon_biggrin:
I am using some 500k no load pots on my V.  However, had to have them shipped in from Germany.  Not available on this side of the ocean!  I want to check out if the 1 meg pots are a good option... :icon_scratch:

bbl4ck said:
DangerousR6 said:
rockskate4x said:

Hey Doug,

Anxious to hear how those 1 meg pots works out.  Should be interesting...    :icon_biggrin:
I am using some 500k no load pots on my V.  However, had to have them shipped in from Germany.  Not available on this side of the ocean!  I want to check out if the 1 meg pots are a good option... :icon_scratch:
I'm very interested myself  to see what the difference is.... :icon_biggrin:

Back