Kisekae Creations Post 'em here!

You should look up the definition of ergonomics....
oceancity-001.jpg

[/quote]

My original point was that it doesn't work for me, but to approach it more generally, dropping the wrist enough to work the tuners is a somewhat more demanding stretch than coming at them overhand when they're on the left side of the peghead.  Of course, your mileage may (and apparently does) vary. 

But mostly it's a matter of taste, visually, and I can't argue with anyone else's.  Unless you're a former art major, in which case all bets are off.

Peace

Bagman

bagman67 said:
You should look up the definition of ergonomics....
oceancity-001.jpg

My original point was that it doesn't work for me, but to approach it more generally, dropping the wrist enough to work the tuners is a somewhat more demanding stretch than coming at them overhand when they're on the left side of the peghead.  Of course, your mileage may (and apparently does) vary.  

But mostly it's a matter of taste, visually, and I can't argue with anyone else's.  Unless you're a former art major, in which case all bets are off.

Peace

Bagman
[/quote]
Of course it's not for everyone, that's what makes us who we are. But my point is that it is undeniably the most economical way to have the tuners, albeit, when playing you're not constantly reaching to tune your guitar. But in terms of physical motion it is, as I illustrated in the photo... :icon_biggrin:

AGWANANA-RAMA said:
Street Avenger said:
people who SUCCEED IN HATING Floyds don't know how they work, or how to set them up or adjust them.

Exactly.

thats about nine tenths of why we hate them.

Ah, so you hate them out of stupidity. Nice.   :icon_scratch:

elfro89 said:
I used Floyd's for years. Right now I hate them because I really don't have the time to spend my afternoons re-stringin' the bitch. The benefits to me just aren't worth the time consumption of a set-up, You cant bend a string or vibrato without the other strings going out of tune, you can't snap a string and not notice.  :icon_jokercolor:  :toothy11:

Umm... "spend your afternoons"? I can do a complete string change in about 10-15 minutes. Either I'm a super-ultra
Stephen Hawking-is-a-MORON geinus or you guys need to put down your guitars and go watch the Science channel
for a while. Yes, I'm insulting everyones intelligence. There is nothing complicated about a Floyd Rose. Zip. Zero. Notta.
If you fear the use of something you don't understand then I sure as hell hope no one is contemplating using... GASP...
EFFECTS of any kind, those dials and knobs are the F-ing DEVIL. And CORDS?! OMG! THE PAIN!

/SMACK

ORC

ORCRiST said:
AGWANANA-RAMA said:
Street Avenger said:
people who SUCCEED IN HATING Floyds don't know how they work, or how to set them up or adjust them.

Exactly.

thats about nine tenths of why we hate them.

Ah, so you hate them out of stupidity. Nice.   :icon_scratch:

Yes, but at least i know WHY.

thats definitely on my list.

I hate how they move. how they look and I hate dealing with their constant set up.

besides, a Trem really only does one trick (you can sub-define that trick all you want. but its still only one thing)

And I have no interest in doing that one thing.

so why would I worry about the extra work and looks I don't dig. when rapid changes in pitch aren't something I feel the need to do. at least in that way?

AGWANANA-RAMA said:
thats definitely on my list.

I hate how they move. how they look and I hate dealing with their constant set up.

besides, a Trem really only does one trick (you can sub-define that trick all you want. but its still only one thing)

And I have no interest in doing that one thing.

so why would I worry about the extra work and looks I don't dig. when rapid changes in pitch aren't something I feel the need to do. at least in that way?
Simpletons.... :doh:

I'd like Floyds a lot more if I didn't understand them, because I do like the way they look.

Reverse Headstocks: I don't believe that ergonomics has anything to do with it. Either you like the look, or you don't like the look.

Floyds:  There is nothing complicated about them. If you just don't care for "trems", that's fine. I don't believe that they are necessary for good guitar playing anyway.

I can live with it like that though... it would be a cheap build to do from a 450 dollar Blacktop.

One Red Dimarzio Hum, black out the hardware and a graphic guard, wont cost too much but it will be good practice!

I'd sand down the headstock face and paint it Gloss black, with the word Missquire pinstriped on it.

Miss Mosh is the girl on the pickguard+Esquire.=Missquire. or Moshquire.

if I like it enough I can just keep swapping till its all warmoth!

You just need a guitar, period. Doesn't matter the color, or whether it has a slut on its face.

There's an old saying in the manufacturing business that goes something like "There comes a time in the life of any project where it becomes necessary to shoot the engineer and get on with production."

In other words, quit thinking about it. Just do it. If you screw up, adjust after the fact. But, if you don't do something, nothing will ever get done.

Märkeaux said:
what is it with you and pictures of emo girls on your guitar ?

haha, you could say the same about any kind of woman who follows a fashion style :p

The obvious answer would be because he likes it  :laughing7:  :toothy12:

elfro89 said:
The obvious answer would be because he likes it  :laughing7:  :toothy12:

WHAAAAT? I assumed he was pressured into it by his peers  :icon_biggrin: ;)

Back