Kisekae Creations Post 'em here!

this is what agwan is into this week.

jgmfhg.jpg

e3rtfgh.jpg

Can't say I get along with the pointless dust collecting "F" hole on the red unit, but the pickguard is more attractive than your traditional Tele setup.

I'm bumping this thread to add the mockups of the guitar I'm building. :blob7:

The actual laminate top, freshly resawn.
5774229552_30441295dc_o.png

Not-to-scale picture of the lam top, covered in polyurethane, before being bookmatched, which is more-or-less the color I want to achieve.
5769527880_a1c5516a71_o.png

Don't mind the funky knob placement, I have to work on that.

I'm not sure I'm understanding what I'm seeing. Are those the same wood in real life?

line6man said:
I'm bumping this thread to add the mockups of the guitar I'm building. :blob7:

The actual laminate top, freshly resawn.
5774229552_30441295dc_o.png

Not-to-scale picture of the lam top, covered in polyurethane, before being bookmatched, which is more-or-less the color I want to achieve.
5769527880_a1c5516a71_o.png

Don't mind the funky knob placement, I have to work on that.
index.php

What is the website this is from, I remember it's Frank something or other... :icon_scratch:

Cagey said:
I'm not sure I'm understanding what I'm seeing. Are those the same wood in real life?

Yes.

The second image is a zoomed in portion of a picture of a poly-covered Bubinga board, and the first image is the same board, freshly resawn and bookmatched. The difference in color is because one is freshly cut wood and the other is finished, and the difference in grain pattern is because one is a blown up portion of an image and the other is in scale.

Also, yeah, I was looking through this thread earlier today, and it looks like I loved the Bubinga lam top in the Frank Montag builder a while back. I tried the LP builder again today, and couldn't find that lam top simulation again. :icon_scratch:

fh2.jpg

I can see that! cagey!

But really, I did that paint job on accident.

and now I really want it. bad. more than any Kisekae I've ever done.

I needs some money to make this body real. Time to sell my car!

It's the first thing I thought of when I saw it. I used to be into photography with a darkroom and everything back about 100 years ago, so I saw a LOT of negatives. Thank the Flying Spaghetti Monster for digital, though. I don't miss any of that expensive, time-consuming, pain in the ass mess at all.

If you were to build something like that, it's a pretty safe bet you wouldn't run into too many copies. But, I'd also wager you'd have a lot of people wondering where they could get one, too.

all Right... so...

NO ONE HERE BUILD THIS BEFORE ME.

Can Warmoth do that burst, Or does this look like a Job for Tonarman?

I'm sure Warmoth can do it. Whether they will is the better question, though. Only way to know for sure would be to call and ask. If they're not interested, Tonar's reasonable and always does an incredible job.

I have seen this bursts on Westones and on Heartfields EX's.. I think they called it Pearl bursts.

Back