Keith Richard Telecaster ~Micawber~ (not quite, inspired by)

Max, I think your wiring looks good, but when I click on that photo the enlarged version is blurry as all get out.

No globs of solder on there. The only glob is one my dad did on the bottom of that pot. He strongly believed that it should be soldered to the tab on the side of the pot, so he tried there. The other pot I did. My ground solder stayed, unlike his.

Max, that big yellow thing is the cap?  :eek:

Heaps bigger than the average ceramic cap I've seen.

Good soldering, those Tele pots are a tight fit to work with.

OzziePete said:
Max, that big yellow thing is the cap?  :eek:

Heaps bigger than the average ceramic cap I've seen.

Good soldering, those Tele pots are a tight fit to work with.

He got the cap from me.  It is a Jensen paper/oil cap.  Whether or not it is a good cap, I would never use a ceramic cap in a build.  That said, I personally think it is a good cap for this application.

Max, I can't believe this hasn't come up before.  With your newly noticed similarity in hairstyle with Johnny Ramone and your bank of Beatles and Stones trivia, the name "The Ramones" was adopted because it was one of Paul McCartney's aliases when in public, Ramone.

mayfly said:
I always wanted to write a song called "switch" in which at the first chorus we'd all switch instruments. 
I'm sure we'd suck royally, but that would be part of the fun.  Then for the last chorus we'd switch back...

... and suddenly we'd stop sucking!  Hmmm - I gotta revive that idea.

We do that all the time. That's where some of our best music comes from.  :glasses9:

So, guys...
I'm considering screwing everything together just to play this thing.
Are there any problems with this? Tuners and all seem like they could be a pain.

And last chance for suggestions on pups. I'm thinking covered nickel 36th anniversary PAF dimarzio and a fralin tele bridge.

I'm also thinking about just doing a wipe-on finish for this guitar. I don't really want to mess up the whole thing.

I think wipe on finishes are great, personally.  I just finished a small end table in Minwax Satin Wipe on Poly and the finish is exactly the same as the satin finish on my W strat neck.  I don't know how well the Minwax Gloss wipe on works, but I bet it would be pretty good.  A HUGE added bonus is that you can just do it inside in your basement or laundry room or something -no spraying.  Were you trying to do a butterscotch blonde finish?  If so,I'm not sure how you would do the butterscotching in a wipe on format.  Maybe Tonar knows.

In that case go for it!  Take lots of pics and ask questions if you're unsure.  :icon_thumright:

Also, tuners aren't so bad just check multiple times before you drill anything.

Blue313 said:

They aren't so bad, BUT, I think they give my the most stress when setting up my builds.

nathan a said:
Blue313 said:

They aren't so bad, BUT, I think they give my the most stress when setting up my builds.
Really? The most stress for me was setting up my Floyd. That was just tedious, but I think It was worth it.

So, I just bought the fralin stock tele brige pup from W, along with the Ferrules I needed. I'll buy the Dimarzio 36th later, since W doesn't stock it.

When those parts get here, I guess I'll assemble my guitar and give an early review. I'm not that experienced, so it won't be the best review.

Max said:
So, I just bought the fralin stock tele brige pup from W, along with the Ferrules I needed. I'll buy the Dimarzio 36th later, since W doesn't stock it.

When those parts get here, I guess I'll assemble my guitar and give an early review. I'm not that experienced, so it won't be the best review.

:icon_thumright: :icon_thumright: :icon_thumright:
Top stuff Max, now all you have to do is wait.......and wait.............and wait.......for the delivery van to turn up. :laughing7:

Possible to get pix up when you have the Tele going?

Back