Keith Richard Telecaster ~Micawber~ (not quite, inspired by)

I already saw that. I haven't responded since  I don't know anything really about that one. Except that it seems to be made for country playing.

Max said:
I already saw that. I haven't responded since  I don't know anything really about that one. Except that it seems to be made for country playing.

Consider PMing the guy.  He seems to revere Keef.  He may know something about tone.

Hey Max have you ever check out Albert Collins? He was playing a '66 tele with a humbucker in the neck long before Keef did. Also contray to some opinons  having seen the Stones several times Keef can play. The fender custom shop Albert Collins tele has the SD 59 in the neck. I own one and think it has a nice tone.

I've known about his custom shop guitar for a while now.
I think that I'll stick with a fralin bridge pup and a dimarzio 36th paf, just so I have something definate.

So what happened to the Keith-o-caster progress, you screw it up and don't want to show us..... :laughing7:

Biggest mess up was coating it in a jacket of grain filler. I've got a tiny bit of super glue touch up to do on the deep grain, and I'll seal and start painting. I'm kinda nervous about the painting.

I've mainly been saving for the pickups. Grass isn't growing as much right now, so less money.

Can't stand the smell of cigarettes. I've got a Back In Black cd that smells like cigarettes, and it's kinda getting annoying. I live in NC, so it wouldn't be worth it with shipping and all.

Snow in NC?  lololololololololololololol :laughing11: :laughing3: :laughing7:

But seriously, kids down here are lucky to get a feather dusting of snow each year, which coincidentally is enough to get them to shut down the schools (dumbest thing I've ever seen).  It's mostly freezing rain and sleet for us.

I've got sand and sealer on the body. I'm going to smooth that out soon.

I've got to buy ferrules and pups, still.

Few years ago there was some respectable snow

Yep, I got stuck in Raleigh on my motorcycle.  Wasn't supposed to snow that day, ended up drive the last 20 miles in 6 inch deep snow.

riverbluff said:
Yep, I got stuck in Raleigh on my motorcycle.  Wasn't supposed to snow that day, ended up drive the last 20 miles in 6 inch deep snow.
Sounds like a great way to break a leg or two.

What year was that? I want to say it was in the 90's, for the storm I'm thinking of.

johnny439x344.jpg

index.php

Back