Keith Richard Telecaster ~Micawber~ (not quite, inspired by)

So, here's my new stuff...

100_1946.jpg

100_1953.jpg

100_1949.jpg

100_1951.jpg

100_1954.jpg

100_1952.jpg

You couldn't possibly make those pics any bigger, could you? I just had a serious case of scrollitis trying to take everything in...

ByteFrenzy said:
You couldn't possibly make those pics any bigger, could you? I just had a serious case of scrollitis trying to take everything in...

:laughing7:

Looks nice! if you'll take long to be able to get a humbucker, get a Esquire pickguard for it ^^ Will be badass

Well, there's a fairly annoying hum that goes away when I touch a metal part of the guitar, but other than that, I think Micawber is pretty much done.

Oh, yeah, those picture things...
The guitar:
1.jpg

The playing area:
3.jpg

The hopeful future setlist (working on it now):
2.jpg

So, the sound...
I generally play on the "Crunch" setting on my Line 6 Spider III 15w. I can get a lot of classic rock sounds from my humbucker there. As long as the treble isn't maxed, the bridge sounds pretty good. With the hb only, on the clean channel, I get a pretty good acoustic sound, which I'm happy about. The tele sounds... like a great tele, I guess. I can get a nice woman tone by maxing the drive, treble, mids, and bass, while having only the hb on, with the tone rolled all the way down. I'm planning on getting it set up professionally soon, but for now, the low E buzzes once you get around the 15th fret. I don't have it painted yet, but I'm thinking about just putting clear nitro on. I really like how it looks now, and the neck feels pretty good. What is the best feeling neck finish you guys have tried? (besides raw :p)

I'm pleased so far with my first Warmoth, and hope on ordering more eventually. Possibly next year.

I like the satin finish on maple.  It's the closest to a no finish feel you can get for that.  I resist the urge to play on the neck til it's finished, I can already see some use on the 2nd and 12th frets.  Looking good dude.

Yeah, I don't mind the dirt on there. I'll clean up some when I'm ready to coat it, but at least it's from use, and not an upcharge :p

Max said:
Well, there's a fairly annoying hum that goes away when I touch a metal part of the guitar,

Check all your grounds...Looks pretty cool there Max, now take off the low E string, or Keith will not like you... :icon_biggrin:

Well, the bridge is grounded and all, but even when I touch the input cup, the hum goes away. That's connected straight to the ground, isn't it?
And my low E is staying, because this has been playing more Page than Keith.

Alright Max!!!!  :hello2:  Glad to see you're feeling the Tele love.  You shouldn't have too much trouble with some Zeppelin tones with that bridge pickup.

As far as the hum goes though, is it still there when just the neck pickup is on?

DangerousR6 said:
Speaking of KR, check this out, funny as hell...

I forget when that aired originally, but I think it was on HBO and I think I was in HS.  I remember thinking Chuck was an A-hole, they weren't that much different and it was hard work to just jam.  There was a part with James Brown as well and him talking about how his music required a "funky guitar."  There was a demonstration soon after.

Back