It's here! It's here! And it's AMAZING!

hey what colour hardware/pickup covers are you going to put on this?

pls dont use black - that is a definite no no - but if you are aestically aware to have picked this top i'm sure you'll not do black.

gold will make it too attractive?

nickel might balance the beauty of the top?

My first W had a wild maple top.  Great choice.  That is one killer and unique Lester.  Congrats!

vtpcnk said:
hey what colour hardware/pickup covers are you going to put on this?

pls dont use black - that is a definite no no - but if you are aestically aware to have picked this top i'm sure you'll not do black.

gold will make it too attractive?

nickel might balance the beauty of the top?

I'm doing chrome everything with amber knobs and cream pickup rings and a cream switch cap.  I put the cream rings on it just to check out what it would look like, and it looks awesome.  I think if I did chrome hardware with chrome pickup rings as well, it would be too much chrome.  But the cream rings almost perfectly match the color of the ivoroid binding, so they look very nice. 

Dude this is the perfect build for these knobs.  I think the cream would look great... I wish I had a build to put these on, I'm a big Spinal Tap fan.

485785.jpg

http://accessories.musiciansfriend.com/product/DiMarzio-Bell-Replacement-Knob-111?sku=424664&src=3WFRWXX&ZYXSEM=0&CAWELAID=26028768

My LP has cream rings and ivoroid binding, they match perfectly.

Well, I was going to make it a surprise for the final unveiling, but I actually bought the knobs a long time ago... and yes, they go up to 11.  Gotta love DiMarzio for having the good sense to make ones that go to 11. 

I didn't see the cream ones when I ordered them though!  The amber ones were the nicest ones I could find.  Maybe later I'll switch to the cream.  We'll see. 

WHOA you found AMBER knobs that go to eleven?!?  I've been looking for those for my LP.  Where did you find em?  :help: :toothy10:  I am jumping up and down even more than normal.

I got them on ebay.  This guy has them.  He has both bell and speed styles.  He has a bunch of colors including amber and gold.  I guess he has the cream ones now too. 

http://stores.shop.ebay.com/banjomikez__W0QQ_sidZ39787924?_nkw=knobs

Hey if it's not too late, have you seen the vintage look no-thumbscrew locking tuners from gotoh? They would be a good addition to this fine build. I'm going to order the 6-a-side set for my hardtail pretty soon. I like every Gotoh tuner I've used so far.
http://www.mojomusicalsupply.com/item.asp?pid=23712&pg=13996&id=2113689

I already ordered some Gotohs for it.  I decided I didn't really need the locking ones since this LP won't have a tremolo.  I realize I could get faster string changes and all that, but I'm already pretty fast at changing strings, so it's not really that important. 

I ended up getting the mini chrome tuners.  I think they're 18:1... they might be 16:1... I can't remember, but I'm pretty sure they are 18:1.  I ordered them from my little local shop, but they haven't arrived yet.  I try to buy from them when I can with the economy the way it is. 

I like smaller tuning heads.  I've never really liked the look of the Kluson style ones.  I think it's cool though that Gotoh is making locking ones that don't have the thumbscrew.  I think maybe I'll see if I can upgrade my other guitar's tuners to those, since that one has a whammy bar. 

Don't like the color at all but the figure on that top is amazing. Congrats, great hunk o wood!

True story...I was speaking to this young man last night about my Warmoth and he said that he spotted a beautiful LP with incredible figuring and a light blue burst.  He went downstairs to tell his father and when he came back to buy it, it was gone.  Pulled up the thread on my iPhone and he says "crap, that was the one."  It proves that if you snooze, you lose on the showcase......

Gorgeous Guitar.  I don't know how it'll sound (and I'm sure it'll sound great), but that is a work of art.  Instead of playing it, I'd be tempted to look at it, like it was a painting, all day long.  Beautiful, absolutely ....

Haha, that's what I said when I first saw it "How am I going to ever stop looking at this thing and actually play it?".

lafromla1 said:
True story...I was speaking to this young man last night about my Warmoth and he said that he spotted a beautiful LP with incredible figuring and a light blue burst.  He went downstairs to tell his father and when he came back to buy it, it was gone.  Pulled up the thread on my iPhone and he says "crap, that was the one."  It proves that if you snooze, you lose on the showcase......

This wasn't a showcase piece, I had it custom built because I wanted black korina and wild maple, which they didn't have in the showcase.  He was probably talking about that blue mahogany one that was really nice. 

hannaugh said:
Haha, that's what I said when I first saw it "How am I going to ever stop looking at this thing and actually play it?".

lafromla1 said:

This wasn't a showcase piece, I had it custom built because I wanted black korina and wild maple, which they didn't have in the showcase.  He was probably talking about that blue mahogany one that was really nice. 

must have been.....

There was a really deep blue burst LP in the showcase.... it was one of those first run of DL LPs, that were all priced at $995.

This one has been there forever:

lpcp189a.jpg

lpcp189c.jpg

I was looking at that one for a long time before I placed my order, but I decided I really wanted the other wood combo.

Back