It's here! It's here! And it's AMAZING!

Yeah, my tech will install the studs.  I had some reason at the time for not having Warmoth do it, but I don't remember what it was now.  :doh:

Here is the neck in further detail.  I just requested regular Birdseye, not AAA or anything.  I think it's a real nice looking couple of pieces they used for not being all supreme-o.  The eyes don't show up as well as in real life though because of the flash on my camera. 

3348667916_6236104ccb_b.jpg

Thats some seriously nice birdseye.  And the fretboard is sick too!  Great work  :kewlpics:

I don't usually call things luscious, because I think that that is one word that is fit to describe a very few elect and beautiful things, and that's one of the most luscious looking LP's I've ever seen!!!

Feminine, yet badass. Well played, my friend. It's got a really striking look, and yet doesn't scream 'gaudy'. That's a fine line that you have successfully maneuvered!

:hello2: :toothy10: :blob7: :party07:

Wowie! I think I can almost see the face of Miss Soynee my second grade teacher in that quilt, but I'm hoping she went back to the Alpha Centuri galaxy instead of haunting your guitar.... one thing you wanna tell your tech is that the bridge saddles need to be ground to a 19" radius to accommodate the compound radius neck. TOM's come out of the box at 12", it's an easy fix but you got to watch for it. Sometimes people just slap together a Warmoth/TOM guitar and come on the forum saying "my middle strings are so high and my edgy strings are so low, waah" - even Miss Soynee can't help with a brainfart like that.

That is one absolutely beautiful guitar.  My next one was going to be a blue LP, but now that you have one that looks like that, I may have to change my mind 'cause I don't think I can get it to look that good.  Congrats.

nathana said:
Feminine, yet badass. Well played, my friend. It's got a really striking look, and yet doesn't scream 'gaudy'. That's a fine line that you have successfully maneuvered!

I'd say it's "strong enough for a man, but made for a woman."  :guitarplayer2:

That is a really nice guitar.  I think you did a great job in picking everything out.  Have you put any thought into a piezo setup bridge for an acoustic sound?  I put one in my WGD and I love it!!!!  I can get a real nice acoustic sound with it (not exactly like a mic'ed acoustic, more like a Chet Atkins Gibson AKA early Dave Matthews sound) 

I really think you did a great job so far, are you gonna do the work needed to it?  Or are you gonna farm it out?  Whatever you decide to do, like someone else said, take your time.  If something starts to be a pain or you are dreading something, step back and take a couple of days to think about it.  The worst part is over, the waiting for the parts.

I saw you said you were gonna do a custom neckplate and truss rod cover.  Might you be interested in a set of wooden control covers for the back of that beauty?  It would be such a shame to finish her off with some plain black plastic back there.  Let me know, I can put you in touch with the guy who makes them (he can't post on here anymore)

Congrats!!!

Thanks for all the comments guys!  I agree that it definitely looks more feminine than your standard LP.  That's good cause that's what I was going for!  :icon_biggrin:

I can't wait till I have this thing together and I take it down to my local GC to try out amps.  The guys there will officially know me as "the girl with all the kick ass gear".  First I bring the 90 year old banjo, then the Helix bass, now this.  

I'm going to take it to my tech today so he can install the studs and drill a few holes that I am way too scared to do myself.   I hope he isn't super busy so that I can get it back real quick and put it together.  

BigBeard said:
That is a really nice guitar.  I think you did a great job in picking everything out.  Have you put any thought into a piezo setup bridge for an acoustic sound?  I put one in my WGD and I love it!!!!  I can get a real nice acoustic sound with it (not exactly like a mic'ed acoustic, more like a Chet Atkins Gibson AKA early Dave Matthews sound) 

I really think you did a great job so far, are you gonna do the work needed to it?  Or are you gonna farm it out?  Whatever you decide to do, like someone else said, take your time.  If something starts to be a pain or you are dreading something, step back and take a couple of days to think about it.  The worst part is over, the waiting for the parts.

I saw you said you were gonna do a custom neckplate and truss rod cover.  Might you be interested in a set of wooden control covers for the back of that beauty?  It would be such a shame to finish her off with some plain black plastic back there.  Let me know, I can put you in touch with the guy who makes them (he can't post on here anymore)

Congrats!!!

Yeah, I have thought about doing the piezo bridge.  It sounds cool, and I think I might try it out later on down the road if I can.  I play a lot of fingerstyle on my acoustic, so I think it might be fun to have that type of sound from my LP.  For the most part with the hardware on this thing, I decided to start out with high quality basic parts, and later I'll upgrade some of it if I feel like it.  Right now I have other things I need to save up for, like um... getting married, moving, etc. 

I think that some nice back plates would be good too.  The black plastic ones make me sad. 

dbw said:
I'd say it's "strong enough for a man, but made for a woman."   :guitarplayer2:

+1

if I saw that guitar on the street, I'd say, "Gurl.. you so hawt."

Seriously beautiful!!!!!!!!!!  :hello2:

That is awesome looking. I'd would own that. I don't think it's a girl guitar, just a really nice one. :hello2: :icon_thumright:

One thing though - since you got neck binding, make sure the binding edge at the end of the fretboard is completely flat and not like how mine was. It shouldn't have any kind of lip on it that would cause the fretboard to push up against the carved top of the body. Do not attach the neck until you've made sure they didn't screw up. It's ok if it touches, but the binding should not be too big at that spot. Also there could be some neck finish on that binding in that spot that could cause a problem.

See this post if you don't know what I'm talking about:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3120.0

Congrats, she's a beauty.  Can't wait to see it finished.

If you thought you were a warmoth-aholic before, now you're doomed. :)

hannaugh said:
I think that some nice back plates would be good too.  The black plastic ones make me sad. 

Think about what kind of wood you might want.....  Too bad 'that guy'  :icon_thumright: can't replicate that blue on some quilted maple for you.  I would think that a quilted maple cover set would be cool if you weren't into the monochromatic look that a korina cover set would give you.  Either way 'that guy'  :icon_thumright: doesn't have either of those types of wood, so he would have to source it for you.  But I know he is eager to get back into making back covers now that he doesn't have any projects going at the moment.  PM me when you are interested....

Normally I'm not a fan of the blue dye look on guitars, but you can't go wrong with something that high-end looking. That's really a fantastic body. I'd love to have an LP like that.

GoDrex said:
That is awesome looking. I'd would own that. I don't think it's a girl guitar, just a really nice one. :hello2: :icon_thumright:

One thing though - since you got neck binding, make sure the binding edge at the end of the fretboard is completely flat and not like how mine was. It shouldn't have any kind of lip on it that would cause the fretboard to push up against the carved top of the body. Do not attach the neck until you've made sure they didn't screw up. It's ok if it touches, but the binding should not be too big at that spot. Also there could be some neck finish on that binding in that spot that could cause a problem.

See this post if you don't know what I'm talking about:
http://www.unofficialwarmoth.com/index.php?topic=3120.0

Heh, I think you're still the only one this has ever happened to, Gary.  :p

Back