Introducing MayFly Effects pedals

Loving my "Evil Twin".  I don't know how complicated it is but I like these pedals that do two things, so for instance the Evil Twin has delay, and then modulation of the delay.  A cool pedal would be a combo of reverb and tremolo.  Another pedal would be one that does fuzz and overdrive.

Anyway ... the "Evil Twin" is top notch quality.

Thanks Rick!

BTW, what do you think of dual chorus pedals?  I'm thinking of one that has a 'slow' side and a 'fast' side.

Actually, I have something like that ... it's the TC Chorus.  It has a regular chorus, a tri-chorus and a toneprint.  I don't use it so much :( .  The tone print I put in was this old Boss Chorus, based on the Dimension C, that I think is actually two or more chorus's going on at the same time, like a tri-chorus but smoother.  And that is gold!  It's warm.  The Chorus work against each other if that makes sense, and it's complex.  I don't know how it works though, other than there a couple of chorus going on simultaneously.

Dual Chorus is where it's at, I just don't use it enough.  A chorus fiend would love it.

I don’t know if “dual chorus” is needed.  2 presets would be preferred. (IE: light and heavy).  That’s how I program my Chorus in the Fractal.  A= light, B = heavy. 

TBurst Std said:
I don’t know if “dual chorus” is needed.  2 presets would be preferred. (IE: light and heavy).  That’s how I program my Chorus in the Fractal.  A= light, B = heavy.

This is more like what I was thinking of:  a A and B preset on the same chorus. 

BTW - do you mean more depth on the heavy one?

It’s more than just more depth as I recall I’ll have to fire it up to know exactly what I did. The whole dial by ear vs by number thing.

Maybe the second chorus should go into rotary/univibe territory but heavier. The alternative to Mayfly is..........may not fly.

Getting there:

Attachments

• IMG_20220901_112903_619LoRes.jpg
    IMG_20220901_112903_619LoRes.jpg
    680.8 KB · Views: 8
Just released my latest design, the Flat Earth compressor. Sent a press release to all the major mags - let's see which ones print it :)

Hi Jebberz,
It's tuned for regular guitar. But let me know if you are interested and I can tweak one for bass (essentially changing some capacitors).

Thanks for the offer, I was more curious than in need for another compressor (my board is full), but I'll keep this on my mind if things changes (I plan to make for myself an all canadian pedalboard just for fun).

Well, if you are interested in helping me develop the bass version, I could build one then send it to you for evaluation...
I need to actually try it first though to see if it works :)

Yes... I know this trick, then I will find it to good to return it so I will endoup purchasing it... :)

Just Kidding.

As long as I can return it if it does not suits me (of course, in this case, I would be happy to pay the shipping back), I will be happy to purchase and test a bass version. Should I go through your reverb store to do so?

Yes... I know this trick, then I will find it to good to return it so I will endoup purchasing it... :)

Just Kidding.

As long as I can return it if it does not suits me (of course, in this case, I would be happy to pay the shipping back), I will be happy to purchase and test a bass version. Should I go through your reverb store to do so?
No - we can just do it. PM me your address and I can send one to you one I have it dialed in.

Since this is a feed forward design, is it not really more of a limiter? Just wondering. Sorta like Quilters "dynamic" limiter? If it isn't "pumping" how is it a compressor? I am not an educated engineer (obviously).

Last edited by a moderator:
Back