Mayfly: Just launched a new pedal!

It does indeed have a cabinet simulator! You can plug it right into the PA or DAW.

However, it does not use Impulse Response (IR) filters because they have too much band-pass ripple for my tastes (and they are sooooo DSP). Instead it uses a combination of Sallen and Key, Multiple-Feedback, and Wien filters. 5 stages overall.

Thanks man! Several folks have said that. One of my Beta testers (Lucas Haneman) has been using it non-stop ever since he got it a couple of weeks ago for guitar and bass.

how much does a premier guitar press release cost these days? they must not be charging enough if i still have to be bombarded with an offensive amount of ads

I am one of you old guys and my Amp has only gotten heavier over time. My question is what would be the lightest gig option with that pedal, I'm thinking I would still need to carry my Amp? I currently use no pedals and a classic 30 amp.

how much does a premier guitar press release cost these days? they must not be charging enough if i still have to be bombarded with an offensive amount of ads
It's free man! That's why you get the ads! But here's a secret: turn off scrips on your browser and all those ads go away...

I am one of you old guys and my Amp has only gotten heavier over time. My question is what would be the lightest gig option with that pedal, I'm thinking I would still need to carry my Amp? I currently use no pedals and a classic 30 amp.
Nope you don't need to carry an amp. The last gig that I did I plugged a prototype Sunrise right into the PA. I had a boost and an OD out front of it. And a tuner. The whole rig was the size of a briefcase.

Here's the rig:
IMG_20240531_193544_856 LoRes.jpg

Mayfly is busy now, so I will answer. A pedal sized amp like Seymour Duncans and a 1x12" neo speaker cab? Or run thru pa and moniter.

Bass player here, I play ampless for a few years with a setup similar to this one, and to hear myself, I realy only in my in-ears. But otherwise, any neutral speaker will do the job to hear you onstage (I'd personnaly avoid an amp that will add another layer of color to the sound, the more neutral, the better).

Yep - this is blatant self-promotion. You have been warned.

I just launched a new pedal! It's an Amp Simulator called the Sunrise. It emulates a Fender Blackface style amp, including reverb. And it sounds glorious.
The idea is that it lives on the end of your pedalboard to allow you to bypass it when using an amp, but plug directly into the PA when you're not. It's also great for recording, and by some twist of fate or luck, it also sounds great on Bass Guitar!

Here it is:
View attachment 62061

And here's more information including sound samples:
https://www.mayflyaudio.com/Sunrise/
Do you have US distributors/dealers? I would be interested in purchasing. If you don't I guess I could just use your Reverb page.

Do you have US distributors/dealers? I would be interested in purchasing. If you don't I guess I could just use your Reverb page.
I don't yet. Trying to crawl before I run :).

For US folks my reverb page works or you can order from any of my Canadian dealers. Cicada Sound in particular are very good (although I hate to pick a favourite - just like I hate to pick a favourite kid...). If you're located more to the west coast, then Acoustic Music Shop should be closer.

Note! I'm heading out on vacation tomorrow and have just put my reverb page in vacation mode, so Cicada is probably your best bet.

I don't yet. Trying to crawl before I run :).

For US folks my reverb page works or you can order from any of my Canadian dealers. Cicada Sound in particular are very good (although I hate to pick a favourite - just like I hate to pick a favourite kid...). If you're located more to the west coast, then Acoustic Music Shop should be closer.

Note! I'm heading out on vacation tomorrow and have just put my reverb page in vacation mode, so Cicada is probably your best bet.
Just ordered mine.

I got to try one and can confirm that it's a fantastic emulation of the Fender blackface sound. The reverb is outstanding! Much better than anything I've heard from Tech21.
Mine just arrived and I agree it sounds fantastic - especially the reverb. Great job MayFly!

Back