I am totally baffled.

line6man

Epic Member
Mods, feel free to delete this if its inappropriate.

*I dont want to hear anything about your political viewpoints, so dont post it!*

I just saw a commercial on TV the other day that said Obama was against Prop. 8, and now i saw an advertisement that said both McCain and Obama agree on prop. 8...

Seriously, WTF? I absolutely do not pay any attention to political advertisements, because i know that its all crap.  WHY does anybody believe any of the crap they see? When you make your decisions, research everything first, dont believe some advertisement that is most likely a lie.

Seriously, i am totally baffled on this... :icon_scratch: :icon_scratch:
Why does anybody pay attention to political advertisements?

The 2 nimrods running for tax assessor in my county have both made campaign promises that are felonies if they actually carried them out while in office. I pointed this out in a letter to the editor a few weeks back, and neither of them are speaking to me anymore. Which, of course, just breaks my heart. Property taxes is what I did for 28 years, and I was damned good at it. I could blow these two out of the water on any part of the tax code they would care to debate, and they know it.

The winner gets sworn in 1/1/09, property taxes aren't due until 1/31/09, so sometime in January I plan on very publicly calling the winner out when I go in to pay my taxes.

RLW said:
The 2 nimrods running for tax assessor in my county have both made campaign promises that are felonies if they actually carried them out while in office. I pointed this out in a letter to the editor a few weeks back, and neither of them are speaking to me anymore. Which, of course, just breaks my heart. Property taxes is what I did for 28 years, and I was damned good at it. I could blow these two out of the water on any part of the tax code they would care to debate, and they know it.

The winner gets sworn in 1/1/09, property taxes aren't due until 1/31/09, so sometime in January I plan on very publicly calling the winner out when I go in to pay my taxes.
What kind of campaign promises, might I ask?

Ol' Max asked...

"What kind of campaign promises, might I ask?"

Both are promising to lower taxes. Tax assessor doesn't have that power in Texas. They collect taxes, period, then hand them to the governing body, who, more often than not, set them afire. May I offer proof?

http://galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=98742f01f6af9647

That's Lucky#7's town, just north of me. Traffic is almost at a standstill 24/7 because they've only built one road in the last 20 years while the population has gone from 10K to 70K in the same time period. The solution? Build a $200K dog park.

:tard:

Not offering an opinion either way about anything...

But this is the kind of thread that polarizes a board - and has nothing to do with Warmoth, or guitars, or music, etc.

There are 100's of forums out there that discuss politics and social issues.... I think ya ought to try them out.

Nothing personal... just been there done that had to clean the mess afterwards on boards such as this.

Well, i completly agree, however, i only hang out on the line6 forums, TalkBass and here, so i am not going to join some forum just to ask my spur of the moment question.
And this is the off topic section, so it should be cool.

RLW said:
That's Lucky#7's town, just north of me. Traffic is almost at a standstill 24/7 because they've only built one road in the last 20 years while the population has gone from 10K to 70K in the same time period. The solution? Build a $200K dog park.

well, that's what i would do  :hello2:

CB is 100% correct.

Once my house is back to normal, I'll start posting nothing but 100% Warmoth content.

gnome said:
RLW said:

That is retarded. I'd just take the money and run..................... to Warmoth and spend the next year making awesomeness guitars (in my fantasy world)

Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
gnome said:
RLW said:

That is retarded. I'd just take the money and run..................... to Warmoth and spend the next year making awesomeness guitars (in my fantasy world)
Wow I'm messed up. I just pulled 2 Steve Miller songs from that. Take the Money and Run and Rock and Roll Fantasy.

And a dog park? That's messed up. $200k is more than they need for something like that, I think.

line6man said:
Seriously, WTF? I absolutely do not pay any attention to political advertisements, because i know that its all crap. 

for a self proclaimed political ad ignorer ... you sure have all the details of these ads pretty well documented, dictated, and digested  :icon_tongue:

maybe you should spend less time working at ignoring them and more time playing your bass  :sign13:

:icon_jokercolor:

R

SkuttleFunk said:
for a self proclaimed political ad ignorer ...
maybe you should spend less time working at ignoring them and more time playing your bass  :sign13:
R
+1

SkuttleFunk said:
fwiw Rock and Roll Fantasy was made popular on a cut by Bad Company, not Steve Miller

all the best,

R
'
:doh: You're right. I only hear it on the radio, so the title and artist aren't always easily available.
Thanks.

SkuttleFunk said:
line6man said:
Seriously, WTF? I absolutely do not pay any attention to political advertisements, because i know that its all crap. 

for a self proclaimed political ad ignorer ... you sure have all the details of these ads pretty well documented, dictated, and digested  :icon_tongue:

R

Well, i guess that what i should have said was that i dont allow any advertisements to affect my judgement on the matter.
Its impossible not to pay attention to the ads, because they are everywhere, but i dont pay any attention to whats being said, because i know that its all lies and crap.
In other words, You could tell me whatever the hell you want in an advertisement, but i am not going to believe a word of it unless i have found it to be true by researching it first.

Max said:
Wana's_makin'_a_guitar said:
gnome said:
RLW said:

Wow I'm messed up. I just pulled 2 Steve Miller songs from that. Take the Money and Run and Rock and Roll Fantasy.

And a dog park? That's messed up. $200k is more than they need for something like that, I think.
Cool :glasses10:

Back