Headed to the Showcase - Back Color?

If we ever phone in for a custom order would you guys take us seriously if we asked for a funky custom paint job like that?

cause none of it is on your website..  but theres a ton of funky stuff in the showcase.

Volitions Advocate said:
If we ever phone in for a custom order would you guys take us seriously if we asked for a funky custom paint job like that?

cause none of it is on your website..  but theres a ton of funky stuff in the showcase.

:sign13: I'm thinkin.... A Rasta flag coloured VIP ala Carlos Santana....   Jammin'!!! :cool01:

http://www.rollingstone.com/artists/santana/photos/collection/photo/53

Uff-Da said:
Greg,  do you know how they stained the two colors without bleeding into the clear?

Do you seal the clear, and then stain the blue and red?

Thanks!
It's a 5 piece laminate top. There are two 1/8" Bloodwood stringer laminates between the colors. No sealent, they just dyed it up to the stringers. That thing is AMAZING looking live. I'm trying to talk them into doing some carved tops like that now.

Volitions Advocate said:

In most cases, the answer would be no.  Some of the funky things you see are experiments where the paint guys are trying a new technique or a different paint.  If it is a unique color, we may not have enough paint left over to do more.  Said experiments are done between jobs or as time permits and can take some time to get done.  They don't have a production schedule to meet, in other words.

Orpheo said:
no, orange back!!!!
4582.jpg

One more man to fight for the Netherlands!!!

BTW, nice relic job on that thar Buckaroo Special..... :icon_thumright:
Picture021.jpg

I showed the quilt top Buck Tele to a friend of mine who happens to be a huge Buck fan, and he was freeeeeeeeeaaaaaking out over that. He's a Tele fan to, and the one I made the "F" plate for..

WWBD
What Would Buck Do?  I think Buck would have the back done in BLUE SPARKLE!!

You know the one’s they have in the cases in the lobby at the Crystal Palace in Bakersfield all have sparkle in the Red, White and Blue.

Go Bakersfield!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Buck!!!!!!!!!!  Go Gregg!!!!!!!!!!!  Gregg it's time you leave that rack behind, get a Fender Twin and start Chicken Picken.

Tonar8353 said:
WWBD
What Would Buck Do?  I think Buck would have the back done in BLUE SPARKLE!!

You know the one’s they have in the cases in the lobby at the Crystal Palace in Bakersfield all have sparkle in the Red, White and Blue.

Go Bakersfield!!!!!!!!!!!! Go Buck!!!!!!!!!!  Go Gregg!!!!!!!!!!!  Gregg it's time you leave that rack behind, get a Fender Twin and start Chicken Picken.

Like this...
W64-450.jpg

DangerousR6 said:
However I like these better....
W66-450.jpg

745%20AMFLAG.jpg

no! Its an american flag....I'm dutch, I prefer the others (with an orange anodized pickguard  :redflag: :laughing7: )

Orpheo said:
no! Its an american flag....I'm dutch, I prefer the others (with an orange anodized pickguard  :redflag: :laughing7: )
If I was Dutch I would have a tele like this.... I can even have one been brazilian  :laughing7:

Marko said:
Orpheo said:
DangerousR6 said:
Clear.....is my vote, as it has blue on the front. Now Gregg get one done in the Texas flag with a double hum rear route for a floyd and you gotta sale......
2258233191_678702cbe4_m.jpg
no, orange back!!!!

4582.jpg

laat de leeuw niet in z'n hempie staan, he marko? (dont let the lion stand alone in his fight;loosely translated!)

rykswap.gif

je maintaindrai is by the way: I will maintain. our dutch Crest.

haha absolutely... however, I am a little bit Texan too now... ;)

NonsenseTele said:
Orpheo said:
If I was Dutch I would have a tele like this.... I can even have one been brazilian  :laughing7:

I started working on a similar project for my son.. still need to add the lion and his initials in red white and blue..
I had to put on about 500 coats of woodburst stain to get it right

jccaster002.jpg

jccaster004.jpg

jccaster006.jpg

I always thought that the Holland's flag was Orange, White & Blue, don't know why... :icon_scratch:
It's red, yes?

How old is your son?
Looks very nice the guitar!! :icon_biggrin:

Back