Guitar Game PLEASE READ

shan564 said:
Märkeaux said:
there is still  certain Cached information about a deleted topic from 2 years ago.. seems like it never goes away!

Yeah, I've found info that's 4-5 years old using that tool.  It's great for finding old eBay auctions when you're researching the value of a guitar that doesn't come up often.

How do you do that? I know how to view the cached pages, but I don't know how to search for something that's only cached....

DesmoDog said:
The thing with the maximum number is it has to be easy to use with the cali draw. So 200, 250, 500, 1000, etc... if the limit was based on time, how the heck do you choose the lucky diner when you sold 347??? And of course with a bigger number there is more to keep track of.

This is exactly why I chose to cap it at 200. That and the odds of 1 in 40 are good enough that everyone gets a "real" chance at winning, otherwise it would just be an out of reach lottery. I wouldn't throw my money out there for a 1 in 200+ chance of winning. If I wanted to do that I would just play the cali pick 3. The first place prize is more then enough to build a really nice guitar and in most cases more then someone would outherwise spend anyway. The second place is just a way of breaking even for one lucky (or unlucky) person. I guess the lesson is if this goes again next year to get in early cause it did go fast this year.

ocguy106 said:
DesmoDog said:
The thing with the maximum number is it has to be easy to use with the cali draw. So 200, 250, 500, 1000, etc... if the limit was based on time, how the heck do you choose the lucky diner when you sold 347??? And of course with a bigger number there is more to keep track of.

This is exactly why I chose to cap it at 200. That and the odds of 1 in 40 are good enough that everyone gets a "real" chance at winning, otherwise it would just be an out of reach lottery. I wouldn't throw my money out there for a 1 in 200+ chance of winning. If I wanted to do that I would just play the cali pick 3. The first place prize is more then enough to build a really nice guitar and in most cases more then someone would outherwise spend anyway. The second place is just a way of breaking even for one lucky (or unlucky) person. I guess the lesson is if this goes again next year to get in early cause it did go fast this year.

Perhaps the limit should go back to 3 max next year at first to afford more entries, then after a week maybe open it up for more per person if they're not all sold. That way you keep the odds decent and more people have time to get in. But also, really, it was pretty clear when I missed out last year that I needed to be ready around the 1st of the year, and I was this time. Learn your lesson, people.

Also, sorry that every time you do this that people chime in with their ideas on how to do it better. that's probably frustrating.

So is this the third-annual one? I just remember Blue's win. What did last year's winner build?

ocguy106 said:
DesmoDog said:

I dunno... it's slow at work so I've been throwing around some possibilities... I've virtually built at least one that first place money wouldn't cover.  :laughing7:

I can't believe how much fussing & complaining is going on now after the waffle has closed. I think it was run very well, priced fairly & there was plenty of time to get in. It's not anyone responsibility to contact every memeber & make them aware, lower the price for those who didn't have the funds available or limit the amount of waffle tix because someone waited too long etc.

This is turning into another GOTM. I'm very happy about the waffle & so are most people here. The GOTM is gone now because of needless bitching ,moaning & BS...please don't do the same to the waffle.

Kudos to ocguy106 for doing this.  :icon_thumright:

clearerphish said:
Also, sorry that every time you do this that people chime in with their ideas on how to do it better. that's probably frustrating.

Let's see...  We know it might be frustrating to the person that spent all their time conducting the waffle feast. 
Yet we continue???
Just my 2 cents...
Can't wait to see those numbers.  Good luck to everyone &  :rock-on:

Really, thanks so much to Ken for doing this. 

The only bummer about it is that the tickets go really fast, and if you happened to be low on cash those couple days and waiting for a paycheck, it sucks thinking you are going to have to wait a whole year for it to come up again. 

But hey, you can't have your cake and eat it too, so that's just how it goes.  Maybe now that we have a pretty good idea about the time frame of it, we can maybe put away some money in a jar for next time so we know we have cash handy for when it comes up?

I hope whoever wins makes a post of the build they are doing with the money.  It would be fun to see what gets created.
If I win I am going to do build by commitee.  I get veto power though  :icon_tongue:

T minus less then an hour and I am going to lunch...I guess I will miss the draw but I am sure the winner will be posted by the time I get back

Back